constipated?

ToriElla

Reaction score
i've been mixing breast and bottle feeding because i couldnt keep up. but the last few days eva has been sick loads after feeds and now i think she might be constipated!

she hasnt had a poo since yesterday morning and tonight she is straining and going red and then screaming like she is in loads of pain. i feel so bad for giving her fomula!do you think it doesnt agree with her?? :( its horrib;e seeing her in pain.

Hi there...
All I can suggest is to give Eva a nice warm bath, followed by a gently tummy massage. Use some baby oil (warmed in your hands) and gently massage the tummy in a clockwise direction. It should relieve some discomfort and perhaps help her do a poo.
It might also help if you breastfeed her during the day over the next few days to help loosen things up. She might just need more water now that you're mix feeding.

If all else fails, see your HV.
Hope she feels better and you too.
Emilia xx

Hi,

Jack was like this when I switched to formula as well as breast milk. Which brand are you using??? we changed to 'Cow & Gate' 'Omneo Comfort' as its easier on the digestive system. Also, I tried to give Jack cooled boiled water or very dilated juice (warmed) inbetween feeds.
Also like Emilia said, a warm bath and massage!

A few other things to try that I found worked were Gripe water and a cycling motion with Jacks legs, plus it made him smile!!! :lol:

Jack still only has 1 dirty nappy a day most of the time, the doctor said it was fine and the H/V said as long as its soft and not solid its fine!!!

Rubie is the same and I had the same concerns at first but it's normal. What doesn't appear normal is how bad she smells!! She keeps farting and it's making me gag!!

Kim, that is a lovely photo of Rubie beside your name. What a beautiful child.

A mother I know recommended a half ounce extra water per bottle, but don't use extra powder, when you are making up feeds. This shifts constipation very fast, she said.

Oh by the way, where did you get Gripe water? It can't be had for love or money over here in Ireland, it was taken off the market about three years ago.

Sue

alana had this problem when i stopped breast feeding.

my HV told me to buy sundpride prune juice, its 100% with nothing added, and put 2oz of this and 2oz of water in bottle and feed to baby.

omg it worked a treat, few hours later, she filled her nappy just fine.

i tried all those ideas of massage and that, and none of them worked too well, plus alana loved the juice as its very sweet tasting. she wasnt keen on water at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back