Constant spotting/light bleeding

Saw the dr eventually, typically didn't have any spotting whilst I was there. She let me go saying she thinks its the ectropian again as my symptoms are classic for it apparently. No scan as its not 'clinically indicative' apparently. She said they wont scan unless I have heavy bleeding or alot of pain.

Said I need to come back and stay for 24 hours if I spot again which is ridiculous as I would literally be there every day for weeks on end? Whats the point of going there and staying in if their not actually checking anything? Especially as I've been spotting on and off for the past 7 weeks most days, I would be there untill the end of the pregnancy?

Got home about 11pm last night, my little one was distraught since the evening. My husband couldn't settle him at all. Calmed down and slept till 9am with me then though. Hes not even a year old yet, his birthday is in two weeks.

If they think I'm going to sit on a bed for weeks on end whilst they won't even scan me or put me on a ctg their loopy.

What was the point on keeping me in all that time? Thy listened to HB twice for a minute each time and that was it.

I think unless I have a heavier bleed or larger clots or reduced movements then I wont be bothering with them again. Absolutely useless. No wonder my own midwife never sends me in when I talk to her about it. There was a lady in the bed next to me with reduced movements, and they told her they weren't going to put her on the ctg as they don't do it before 27 weeks as its unreliable. She was 26+5 :doh:

Anyway got home, went for a wee, spotting again. Not alot just there when I wipe still.

I've got my own midwife Thursday at the GPs and I've just booked a private scan for Monday. Hopefully that will give us reassurance xxx

Last edited:
Saw the dr eventually, typically didn't have any spotting whilst I was there. She let me go saying she thinks its the ectropian again as my symptoms are classic for it apparently. No scan as its not 'clinically indicative' apparently. She said they wont scan unless I have heavy bleeding or alot of pain.

Said I need to come back and stay for 24 hours if I spot again which is ridiculous as I would literally be there every day for weeks on end? Whats the point of going there and staying in if their not actually checking anything? Especially as I've been spotting on and off for the past 7 weeks most days, I would be there untill the end of the pregnancy?

Got home about 11pm last night, my little one was distraught since the evening. My husband couldn't settle him at all. Calmed down and slept till 9am with me then though. Hes not even a year old yet, his birthday is in two weeks.

If they think I'm going to sit on a bed for weeks on end whilst they won't even scan me or put me on a ctg their loopy.

What was the point on keeping me in all that time? Thy listened to HB twice for a minute each time and that was it.

I think unless I have a heavier bleed or larger clots or reduced movements then I wont be bothering with them again. Absolutely useless. No wonder my own midwife never sends me in when I talk to her about it. There was a lady in the bed next to me with reduced movements, and they told her they weren't going to put her on the ctg as they don't do it before 27 weeks as its unreliable. She was 26+5 :doh:

Anyway got home, went for a wee, spotting again. Not alot just there when I wipe still.

I've got my own midwife Thursday at the GPs and I've just booked a private scan for Monday. Hopefully that will give us reassurance xxx

@maythe4thbewit what a nightmare that all sounds! I’m not sure on the signs for ectropion but I really do hope that’s all it is xxx

@maythe4thbewit what a nightmare that all sounds! I’m not sure on the signs for ectropion but I really do hope that’s all it is xxx

Well she asked me what triggers it, if sex or activity in general sets it off which it does a s I also said sometimes it starts randomly on its own too.

I'm hoping its nothing else. The midwife mentioned about my cervix but as they were happy with where it was at 20 week scan she said its rare that it would have moved down. Xx

Saw midwifeyesterday. She said not to bother going in to triage again unless I'm actually worried or the bleeding is heavier than normal or I'm having reduced movements She said it's ridiculous expecting me to stay in for 24 hours after each episode as I would be there everyday.

She said try not to worry, and if its not heavy but im worried then to ring her directly and she will come round and check me herself. She said if I hadn't been seen by a Dr on Monday she would have refered me for a scan as it was still happening constantly but that she can't go against what they've said now.

She said she's tried to chase up my MCH and MCV again because their to low even though my iron levels themselves are fine. She said she's going to ring them again, and obviously more bloods in a few weeks to see where my iron levels are at then as she's expecting them to drop from pregnancy and constant spotting. She said its looking very much like I do have he thalassemia trait or iron deficiency that they were querying when I was pregnant with DS1 xx

Been looking at my maternity notes And in my 20 week scan notes and it mentions on there 'anterior placenta' but also 'placenta not covering internal OS' and on Google it looks like they only write that term when your placenta is low lying now even if it is low lying its not much of a problem if its not covering the cervix anyway which the ultrasound says it wasn't. But can't help but think they wouldn't mention it not covering the internal OS unless it was low enough to mention ‍♀️

Been looking at my maternity notes And in my 20 week scan notes and it mentions on there 'anterior placenta' but also 'placenta not covering internal OS' and on Google it looks like they only write that term when your placenta is low lying now even if it is low lying its not much of a problem if its not covering the cervix anyway which the ultrasound says it wasn't. But can't help but think they wouldn't mention it not covering the internal OS unless it was low enough to mention ‍♀️

I was wondering why they hadn’t scanned you to see if it was placenta related! I would get in contact with them and ask them to look again. Xx

I was wondering why they hadn’t scanned you to see if it was placenta related! I would get in contact with them and ask them to look again. Xx

I was wondering the same but they said they wouldn't scan me unless I was bleeding heavy :think:

I've got a private scan in the morning so I'll see what they say about it xx

Just doesn't make sense. I had an ectropion with my first and it was never like this

I saw my midwife Thursday aswell ans she said she would have refered me for a scan if i hadnt been seen Monday by a dr, but thst she can't go against what the dr saysxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back