Bleeding in second trimester

concernedfather

Reaction score
I am a father-to-be so apologies if I am not supposed to use this forum, but I would be grateful for any advice.

My girlfriend is nearly 21 weeks pregnant. She started bleeding/spotting (mostly light but heavy on at least one occasion) around 18-19 weeks. Initially she dismissed it and refused to see the doctor but after it happened for the fourth time she agreed to see him and was told it could be placenta previa.

However, we had the 20-week scan recently and everything appeared fine - the placenta was described as 'fundal' which I understand means that it is in the right place.

But my girlfriend continues to experience spotting (it has happened again twice since the scan). Yet she is now convinced that it is nothing to worry about. All the websites say that you should contact your doctor if you experience any bleeding - do you think I should press her to do so? I don't want to worry her unduly but I am concerned about the health of both her and the baby.

first of all well done for being very supportive, i wish all dads to be were.
i had a bit of the same but it only happened three times and when i went to see the doctor and have a scan they said it was all fine and baby was doing great :D and they said it was probably just blood from my last period i had but baby had stopped but it had managed to come through, if i was you i would get your girl friend to go to the doctor (with you) just to make sure coz the worrying about what may be happening is probably making it even worse,
good luck and let me know what happens
Sarah AND bubba

If she is woried about seeing the doctor perhaps you could get her to call her midwife - that is what they are there for, she will not be wasting anyones time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back