constant cold and cough

baby1201

Reaction score
My 15 month old son seems to have a constant cough and cold, his chest often sounds wheezey aswell. Whenever I take him to the doctors they say virus so I have given up on them. The thing is we live in a house which is always cold no matter what and has alot of damp issues in it, do u think this could be the cause?x

Cold Home solution to Ease Your Child

• Mix well the rock salt in mustard oil and massage on chest and back, around lung area
  • Mix little ginger juice and honey in 1:2 ratio and make your baby lick with your finger 2-3 times a day
  • Boil holy basil leaves, vermicelli in milk, strain, cool and give it to your child instead of plain milk
  • You can give boiled water with carom seeds and few holy basil leaves after cooling it
  • Heat garlic cloves in mustard oil and apply it externally on chest area of the baby and cover it
  • If the baby is having outside milk, ensure to boil it with few seeds of carom to prevent him from getting cold
  • Make sure that baby needs tremendous rest
  • Soups will warm them and help them with fluids and nutrition
  • You can elevate their head by keeping extra cushion (for children more than 12 months)
  • You can use a warm mist humidifier in your baby's room. Moist air can reduce congestion and make baby breath easily
  • Increase baby's liquid intake to compensate the lost fluid through fever or running nose.
Preventing Your Baby from Getting Colds

As an old saying that prevention is better than cure. If we follow few preventative methods at the change of the season, we can reduce the chance of getting this viral infection among babies.

• Breast feeding is one of the best ways to protect your baby. Many antibodies are infused in baby’s body through breast feeding which fight infections.
  • Keep your babies away from anyone having cough and cold
  • Your baby should be hold by the person with clean hands
  • Keep away your baby from smoking area
  • Start feeding them basil water as it increases their immune system
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

My friend do not worry . Please read these instructions for cold and cough to baby . Hope you will get many more things here . This website is called Babynology .

It does seem like it could be allergies and maybe mild asthma. Some people are prone to catching colds and it takes longer for them to get over. Do other people in the house catch the cold around the same time or is it just him? If they can't be fixed at the moment maybe a dehumidifier could help with the damp problems.

Last edited:
Is he going to nursery? My son picked up a stream of bugs when he started at nursery (at around the same age)

I am asthmatic and started struggling in my rented house (it's not damp but there was quite a bit of dust and the walls appear to have mould on them) so I bought an air purifier and that really seemed to make an immediate difference for me.

Is your boy getting plenty of sleep/rest and lots of vitamin C?

Babies shouldn't be wheezy so it might be worth trying to get another medical opinion on that (from a different doctor).

These are the air purifiers I got:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AeraMax-Baby-Purifier-Allergy-Approved/dp/B00XC0HN46/
https://www.amazon.co.uk/HoMedics-AR-NC02-Brethe-Purifier-Technology/dp/B00LISEOOQ/

It may be worth reading the description of the type of things they claim to protect against. Didn't stop me getting colds (thanks to constant contact with bug-baby) but they're obviously doing something good! xx

Last edited:
it could be allergies. my daughter has experienced continuous sneezing and coughing for 3 months. her chest was examined but result came out normal. we tried different meds and finally found out a good anti-allergy med that helped in controlling the sneezing and coughing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back