Connie and Bex update - NOW WITH PICS!!

debecca

Reaction score
Hi all,

Meet Constance Jane Wilkinson:

n502067168_556478_725.jpg

(More photos at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... =502067168)

First of all, THANK YOU for all of your lovely messages on here, by text and on Facebook. I am still catching up! :hug:

A MASSIVE thank you to Judy for being my text buddy and keeping you all up to date - there would have been more texts but with Connie-tractions every 3 minutes we were struggling a bit :rotfl:

The birth in a nutshell:

* Waters broke 1130
* Contractions started 1230
* Unbearable by 1330, drove to midwife-based unit.
* Arrive 1415, already 6cm :shock:
* In pool by 1430.
* Connie born on gas and air (which did nothing ha ha) at 1745.

It was a brilliant labour aoart from the fact that half my hymen was still intact (immaculate conception or what?!) and that caused me to get a second degree tear. I was the only person in the unit!

While they were stitching me up, my blood pressure began to plummet (53 over 33) and I had a dizzy spell like in pregnancy. They tried 6 times in 6 different places to get a drip in with no joy (damn my lack of veins) and so I had to transfer to Lancaster hospital, which I REALLY didn't want to do.

Anyway they rushed me to theatre just in case but I started to get better and although I had to spend the night there boo hiss the next day I was back at Kendal and THE ONLY PATIENT for the next 3 days yippee! So I had the undivided attention of 2 midwives who were fantastic and they even took Connie off me the first night so I could get some sleep!

It all still feels a little surreal but I'm really glad to be home. She's sleeping 5 hours between feeds so I'm aware how lucky we are :cheer:

Photos to follow. I'm still putting them on the PC and organising!!!!

Thanks again everyone xxx

P.S. She was a due date baby in the end according to her 'official' pregnancy records which makes me laugh - I was so convinced I was going overdue...

Massive congratulations!! :cheer:

Sounds as though the birth itself was straightforward, :cheer: and glad that things got better for you after the scare afterwards.

It's lovely to hear from you Becs and congrats to you. :hug:

Congratulations, must have been scary with the blood pressure :shock:

Enjoy Connie :hug:

congrats!!!! So pleased for you that Connie arrived safe and well :cheer: :hug: Get a shift on with the pics though becs, im dying to see her :D

debecca said:
It all still feels a little surreal but I'm really glad to be home. She's sleeping 5 hours between feeds so I'm aware how lucky we are :cheer:

5 hours?!?!
jealous.gif
:shock: :shock: Blimey, Izzie's just about doing 3 hours inbetween. Last night she did 4 and a half hours in between feeds for the first time, but 5 hours??? thats just not fair, lol :shakehead: :rotfl:

Awww thank you so much for the update. Am so pleased things went so well for you (apart from the impromptu trip to hossie). Sounds to me like the MW's were spoiling you when you got back :lol:

And wow great to hear Connie is a little angel already :lol:

Looking forward to seeing pics :cheer:

congratulations :dance:

glad you are ok and enjoying being a mummy :D

:cheer: :cheer: Congrats.. glad ure both ok :hug: xx

wow sounds like a good labour hun
well done
hope i get one like that, apart from the 2nd degree tear
x

Hi Rebbeca :wave:
so glad to hear you labour went well :D and looking forward to Connie piccies :angel: :dance:

happy to see you back we have missed you hun :hug: :D

hope your enjoying Motherhood :cheer: :hug:

sarah :wave:

Congratulations, sounds like the actual birth went very well just a shame about having to be transferred.

Congrats again

:cheer:

:dance: :cheer: :dance: :cheer: :dance: :cheer: :dance:
I'm glad she's sleeping loads.
Congratulations on being a mummy!!!!!
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Huge congratulations to you again hun. It's cool being a mum isn't it :wink: :D

Catch up soon xx :hug:

welldone hun! sounds like a fab labour, to think you were so terrified bless ya and you breezed it! :lol: cannot wait to see her!!!!! xx

CONGRATULATIONS BEX!

She's a stunner! I LOVE her name and I'm so glad that you had a fab labour :lol:

:wave: Hello (at last!) baby Connie! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back