CONFUSION ABOUT DUE DATES!!

Vicky_Gazerimmer

Reaction score
Well ladies I am getting increasingly frustrated with the lack of care I am getting from the NHS.

At my first scan they told me I was 8 weeks, 3 weeks later I had another scan and I was told I was 13 + 2 weeks, my 20 week scan co-insided with the second scan dates. However the hospital, doctors and my midwife decided to go by my 8 week scan which of course puts me nearly 2 weeks behind my dates.

According to my dates I am 31 weeks and 3 days today, I rang about my growth scan which is obviously meant to clarify my due date for me and apparently I cant have it toll the end of march!!! I saw my midwife last week and she now thinks I might be a week ahead of my dates which of course would make me 32 weeks and 3 days today.

Now I am being completely out of order in saying this is the biggest mickey mouse operation since disney!!!

Anyway I have another appointment with my midwife tomorrow, any advice on how to calmly resolve this situation?

Thanks Girls x :wall:

i had the exact same probs hunny,

i had a bleed so had a scan at 7+ weeks which said ellouise was due on the 22nd January.

at 12 weeks i had a scan which said she was growing for the 15th jan

then i had scanas at 16 weeks 22/23/24 and one at 28 and one at 30 and they ALL said 15th but the hospital said they go by the FIRST ever scan.

Ellouise made her appearance on the 11th...

ignore there DD bubba will come when its good and ready! xx

I'd explain and ask your midwife what happens if you go late/need induction. Because by those dates you could be 4weeks overdue when they could say your only 2 and thats not good.

If baby comes natural then it'll be when it wishes.

awww Vicky,they're really messing you about aren't they?

:hug:

:hug: :hug:

older mom has the best idea

today my solution to everything is cry

Hi

I hope they figure your actual due date soon hun if LO is late and is actually further along what then?
Katrina

My MW told me today, Wednesday, that the date they use here is the 12 week scan date, though whether all areas/MW's do that I don't know, she said it's to do with the gestational growth being most accurate at 12 weeks :think:

Very best wishes, hope they give you an answer real soon :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back