Confused over which buggy to buy????

Bexie

Reaction score
I just can't seem to make up my mind over what to do.

At the moment I am thinking I should buy a buggy with a buggy board for my little one who will be 22 months when the new arrival makes their appearance. But what type of buggy??

Do I go for a travel system? I already have a car seat that my LO used and it is in very good condition, but what I didn't like was when we were out and about if she fell asleep and I had to move her from one to the other she would get so upset over being woken up, however much I tried not to wake her.

Also do I buy a travel system with a pram feature?

Or the other option is buy a good basis buggy that my LO can sit in and I just carry the baby in a papoose as Phoebe spent her happiest moments in that when she was really small, then when the baby is bigger, they can move to the buggy and Phoebe can move to a buggy board.

I don't want to buy a tandem/double buggy as Phoebe won't be in it for much longer and that would mean that we would have to buy another buggy on top of the tandem/double!!!!

I don't want to keep Phoebe's present buggy as it's knackered old stroller.

The big problem is that where we live we don't have any big enough shops to go and have a good look at a selection of different ranges, it's so frustrating!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Help me I need some suggestions.

I'm in a similar position at the moment, my son will be 20/21 months when this baby's born. I'm not sold on the idea of a buggy board because although ds is already walking everywhere when we go short distances, if I'm going on a longer trip he tends to sleep in the buggy. If he just has a buggy board he won't be able to sleep or rest properly if we're out for a few hours.

Having said that I don't like double/tandem buggies because 90% of the time you have to put your newborn forward facing, which I hate.

I think at the moment the winning option is slinging the new baby and just bringing the stroller out if we're popping into town or somewhere. For day trips etc my OH will probably be with me so we can have the stroller and ds's old pram (which still works fine).

The other thing I've been looking at is one of these rather than a buggy board. It's cheaper and it would mean my son could have a proper rest on longer trips.

Let me know what you decide, I'm really struggling to choose!

Last edited:
I'm confused too, my son will be 18 months when the new baby arrives, and I already have a lovely pushchair and a handy buggy. At the moment I've decided to buy a sling to keep baby in especially as it'll be winter so he/she will be cosy and I can get my moneys worth out of the existing pushchair. Hopefully I'll be able to use a buggy board once baby becomes too heavy to carry. I'm not a fan of any of the double buggys on the market, they all look heavy and awkward or the price makes me want to cry! i don't go much further than the town centre which is a 10 min walk, I'm not one for long days out with kids cos I like to try and keep a good sleeping routine at home (for my sanity!). My other half reckons he could manage the baby in a sling and 18m/o in his rucksack seat thing, bloody show off, must think he's in training for world's strongest man!

Im not much help but I had a Graco tandem when I had my others and it was fine! I got the carseat on the rear seat so it was basically a travel system with an extra seat on the front!
Heres a link to the new version of what I had! If you click on the image gallery it shows you a pic with the car seat on! Well it shows you with two carseats lol
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/B ... aco/739928

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back