Confused.com!

shootingstar22

Reaction score
I am really confused when it cones to working out how far along you could be. I have red that you count from the 1st day of your last period... But why? If you ovulate half way through, then take 7 days for implantation then surely you work from the middle of your cycle?!! What I am trying to say that if your a week late and you do the calc then you should be 5 weeks pregnant.... But in reality aren't you more likley to by 3?

Am I just digging one huge hole?! Lol

Hi SS22, you're right, when you're 'logically' 3 weeks pregnant, you're actually classed as 5 weeks. Weird but true :)

A baby takes 38 weeks to 'cook' but a pregnancy is classed as 40 weeks. Haven't got s clue y tho lol x

This is what has confused me from the beginning lol, i was confused with my last AF date anyway but when trying to work out how far gone I am this whole week thing has made me even more confused so I literally have no idea how far I am lol bring on the dating scan tomorrow!

yep, 40 weeks pregnancy begins with the release of unfertilised egg - 1st day of your period, then rebuilds lining ready for next go at 1 week, releases egg at ovulation, 2 weeks, fertilized egg then implants at 3 weeks and you get BFP at 4 weeks , add another 38 weeks an you get a baby! Yayyyyyyyyy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back