Confused as to what is happening

Gill09876

Reaction score
Hi

I have been ttc for one year and have now been successful. I also have pcos. Last period was 22nd April. On 26th May I did clear blue digital tests that revealed I was five weeks. I thought all was well until last sat when I started to bleed. Had a vaginal examination which confirmed neck of the womb was closed and today's scan revealed I am only 5-6 weeks pregnant not 10 as originally thought. There was only a yolk sac no baby and I have to return in ten days for another scan. The sonographer thought this was positive that there was a yolk sac. I am trying to be positive. I have had very minor cramps throughout the pregnancy and the bleeding is mainly brown. I still have pregnancy symptoms and my hcg level is 1400 and blood pressure good. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Many thanks

gill

Sorry you are going through this hun.

From what I know a HCG level of 1400 for a 10 week pregnancy is not a good sign. If you had a positive test 6 weeks ago then 1400 wouldn't be high enough as it hasn't been doubling every few days like it should.

It sounds like a blighted ovum/missed miscarriage to me personally.

Sorry sweetheart, I know probably not what you want to hear.

Xxxxxx

Hi... So sorry to hear what your going through. The wait is just awful. It does sound odd with your dates... For when you tested etc.. :( they will scan you again and check to see if the pregnancy has progressed any further. Then go from there. I really hope this works out for you, but it doesn't sound good with the dates being so far out... :( xxx

hi hun,sorry to hear your going through this,i had a similar thing happen to me on my first pregnancy which sadly ended in a missed miscarraige,i should have been 8 weeks pregnant and went for a scan but my uterus was empty,i had bloods done and went back a few days later as they were concerned it was ectopic,wen i went back there was a yolk sac but no heartbeat and sac measured 5 weeks,i went back again 2 weeks later to see consultant and there was a heartbeat but 2 weeks after that wen i went for a follow up scan sadly there wasnt,they kept putting my dates back which must have meant something wasnt right,i went in the next day an had an erpc,i remember it so well as it was millenium new year.on a positive note i fell pregnant 2 months later and went on to have a healthy baby girl and since had a son and am currently 31 weeks pregnant again,i too have pcos and it took 8 months to fall pregnant before my miscarraige but fell pregnant straight away after that.its almost like it kickstarts your fertility,i know its hard hun but try and stay positive,hopefully yours will work out and wont end up like mine but if it does as hard as it is try and think it wasnt right and wasnt meant to be and hopefully your go on to have healthy babies like me,if you want to chat im always here.all the best and keep us posted xxx

I have pcos and I thought I was 4 weeks ahead than I was all the way through because of the date anomaly. Scans were right though. Good luck x

it is possible to have a chemical miscarriage and the concieve straight after. miscarriages and giving birth make you extra fertile afterwards. i hope its good news but if not then dont give up hun it'll happen for you soon:)

The bleeding and cramps now appear to be worse and have been bleeding for nine days now. Doc said my hcg wasn't high enough for a ten week pregnancy. I worked it out when they said I was only five weeks I could the been as we werent trying that week and a clear blue showed I was five weeks pregnant on 26th may :eek:( x

I hope all of you ladies have some good luck soon too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back