confused about HPT test result **UPDATE**

moomoo192

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I was after some advice from anyone if possible, i'mnew to this board and this is my 1st post. I'll just tell you a little about myself first..

My name is Nikki, i'm 35 (just) and dh is 37. We have a dd age 8, ds age 7 and ds age 18months whom i am currently still breastfeeding. I was on the min pill until feb 4th this year when i came off it.

here's my dilemma...

LMP was 3 feb (last mini pill too) was getting periods roughly every 4-5 weeks.

25/26/27 feb had some period pains (backache), bad tummy pains etc CP high open soft, some ew cm. I am pretty sure i O'd on 26 feb but knowing me i might not have done lol.

A few days later i had a wet couple of days and bad tummy cramps again but i'm pretty sure i O'd when i said as my temp went up a bit....I'm not exactly temping but i have taken it a few times during the day with an in-ear thermometer just for a rough idea as i had a note of all my temps also from my old charts. I didn't want to start charting as such as i didn't want the stress and i couldn't find my proper therm but hey once in the ear was enough to start me off lol.

right anyway i bought some cheapie tests from ebay and got a few negs but on 9 Mar (11dpo?) The test took ages to work compared to usual but it did get there in the end, i didn't see a line straight away so tossed it in the draw and forgot about it thinking it was neg but for some reason the next day i looked at it and there was a faint pos line, i soooo wish i hadn't looked at it now, i started thinking am i really pregnant or was it a dodgy test or an evap line!

10 Mar (12 dpo) neg, same ebay tests
12 mar (14 dpo) FMU neg (ebay test)
14 Mar (16 dpo) was getting more stressed not knowing so bought a pack of 2 sainsburys tests, these test at 25 ml or whatever it is they call it), well i tested in the evening and i got a very faint pos line
15 Mar (17 dpo) today i tested with FMU and got another really faint line, i know its there as i asked a friend if she could see them and she said yes.

well as i wasn't happy with it being so light and also being a POAS addict i went and bought 3 more cheapie tests from £land and tested tonight and i 'think' there is a really faint line there again but not sure if it was within the alloted time or not. Its driving me crazy, i've got some tests coming from ebay hopefully tomorrow that measure at 10ml so i'm hoping it will show a little darker.

All my other pregnancies there was a dark line there straight away apart from the last one (ben) which was a digital test and said neg but when i opened the test up i could see a faint 2nd line, this was in the evening and the next day (well only a few hours later really at 2am) i re-tested and it was saying positive so why are my tests coming up so very very light at the moment and not getting darker?? am i pregnant or not?? i thought a line was a line but now i'm not so sure. I just feel like i'm on a rollercaoaster ride waiting for end to arrive its driving me crazzzzy to say the least.

along with the tests i've had no period or spotting or anything but i have had lots of backache like i should have been on AF. had a sore throat on/off that came back again last night with a runny nose and if i ever get a cold i always get the sneezes first which i haven't had. I've felt sick at times but didn't know if i was imagining it KWIM? temp has been higher and consistent although i know i shouldn't count that. CP is between med and high but firm and closed, i've also had a bit more creamy cm the last few days/week too. I went off coffee for a few days, odd headache, hot flushes now and again, 2 intense baby dreams and i mean they were vivid and so real and usually i don't dream apart from a baby dream or 2 when i was pregnant with dd, i had a really bad chocolate craving around or just after 'O', so bad i ate nearly 18 choc bars in abut 3 days :oops: !! no spots yet though luckily lol, oh i went off BD around O time which happened with dd too and my nipples felt a little sore once or twice when i fed ben but stopped although they do seem fuller the last couple of days and the last thing is i have had some 'extreme' tiredness that just suddenly hits me and i HAVE to have a sleep.

well sorry it was a long post but like i said boy am i confused! I've got doctors Tuesday but don't know if i should go or not, i don't want to feel a prat if I'm not pregnant.

oh and i'm peeing more too

thanks girls for reading this far, and sorry for the long post. any help would be soooo much appreciated, i'll keep you posted too.

Nikki

hi and welcome..... :wave:

it sounds to me like you may well be pg... a line is a line so they say no matter how faint .... congratulations...

i would go to the doc on tuesday... if anything if your ebay cheapies dont come in time they may do one for free in there!! ( as someone who has spent £100s on hpts all freebies should be readily accepted)

good luck

Thanks Rachie29

Well the ebay tests didn't come 2day :( , i used the last of the cheapie tests i had left and got another 'really' faint line, but you have to squint to see it basically so i went and got another pack of sainsburys tests. I was going to try another brand but thought i'd be even more confused if i didn't get a line so i stuck to the same brand, the line started to show within the 1st minute (like before) and its very slightly darker than the one yesterday but i used 2nd mu on this test, i was going to use the pot i peed in this morning with fmu but it was about 2 1/2 hours later so i threw it as i didn't know if it was any good or not...do you know for future reference if or how long you can keep fmu to use it for testing???

should my line have been more darker 2day than it was compared to the test i did 24 hours ago?? should my hcg be doubling fast enough that it will show on test lines KWIM? if its not rising enough to darken the line could this be a sign of an impending loss or ectopic??

Thanks again, i really appreciate any help or suggestions at this point

Nikki

hcg levels double every 72 hours so if its just slightly darker then that sounds about right.....

i think you could have used the fmu but i'm not sure....

i would test again sunday morning and then yuo wil be able to make a proper distinction between the darkness of the lines. it certainly sounds like youre pg to me...

good luck

Thanks Rachie

Roll on sunday :pray: ...I will let you know what happens

Nikki

Good luck Nikki, it certainly sounds like you are up the duff to me - congratulations!

Valentine xxx

ahhh....a big congratulations to you!

i was due af on friday, but i have had light brown cm for 3 days, and have been ttc, have had sore nipples, feel sick, extremely tired, white spot things on my areolas.
i also had about a week with lots of creamy cm, tummy cramps, and my temps have been between 36.4-37.1 for over a week.

any one know if this could be pg or af?

good luck with ur pg, keep us updated

xxxx

that is wonderful news!!!! congratulations honey, have a happy and healthy 9 months :cheer:

M
x

Thanks Girls, i hope all you get you BFP's very soon

Chloe, sounds good to me, i know my cm was incresed and its even more so now.

when are you going to test?

i think i will wait til like wed? but i dont think i will be able to wait that long!

i never noticed the large amount of cm before af, and i had quite a bit!

i really hope you have a great pg, keep in touch!
i will let ya no how i get on!

xxx

Dont worry chloe i will be watching this space for you

babydust to you,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member