• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Confession ladies...

lozzi

Reaction score
....the idea of castor oil was gettin far too appealing, so i rang my midwife and spoke to her about it and she said that it does NO harm to ur baby, but it can make u violently sick, if it stimulates ur bowel it will 9/10's start ur labour she said, BUT she said if it doesnt it will stimulate u to be sick, and in her words its a "shit way for labour to begin" but she said if i am really serious about wanting to bring on my labour then she said try a senna based laxative, but again it will mean labour starts on teh loo, but i wont be violently sick!

she also said the day after my due date if i go see her she'll do em a stretch and sweep...

so ive cancelled my trip to a chemist to try and get someone to go in and buy castor oil for me... like a chav buying cider ;) haha

and im off to tescos to buy some laxatives...

I WILL GET THIS BABY OUT

just ket he baby come whensits ready :roll:

i wish i wasnt so impatient.....

i know ur getting impatient darlin but isnt it best to let her come herself i know your excited but if you force her to come before shes ready it can cause problems u dont have long hun

I know you can't wait sweetie, but let nature take it's course!! I'm the most impaitient person in the world and I'm getting fed up already with waiting, but I'm going to lay off trying to force it!

What about the old hot curry idea??

Bless ya hun i no you are climbing the walss but try and wait til you are 40+ weeks x x x

Im gonna try a curry tonite for tea, if by next monday i still havent popped then ill try a small amount of senna as she's 40 weeks then.

im gonna disagree with everyone else sorry :oops: to me taking "alternative" induction medicines is better than being medically induced . the laxatives would not work if you werent already ripe! if you take a laxative and your not ripe your just gonna make yourself uncomfortable its not going to force you into labour! i would defo wait til your overdue though.

lozzi - RELAX!!!
dont stress about it too much hun, madam will make her appearance when she is good and ready, and not before!! :lol:

nathanmum said:
im gonna disagree with everyone else sorry :oops: to me taking "alternative" induction medicines is better than being medically induced . the laxatives would not work if you werent already ripe! if you take a laxative and your not ripe your just gonna make yourself uncomfortable its not going to force you into labour! i would defo wait til your overdue though.

Have to say I agree. Medical induction sucks and I'd try all sorts not to do it again. If you're prepared for the ....erm....effects of laxatives do it at 40 weeks. I agree it might just tip you over the edge but won't work anyway of you're not ready :)

I have to concede that girls - despite my concerns, I'd much rather try the curry, sex, nipple tweaking methods than be medically induced!!!!

i take laxatives that are a lot stronger than senna on a daily basis due to my bowels not working basically, but tbh i cant see them working much, all they will do is stimulate your bowel to contract, but its not your uterus thats contracting

Just remeber if you take laxatives that will also have an effect on the bab and you risk him poo'ing in the womb.
As that is serious as i could inhale it.
Be patient at the end of the day your baby will come only when it is cooked!

You midwife was very wrong to suggest that, as we were give a print out from our midwife unit on what you could try and what was a no-no and cstor oil was a BIG NO-NO!!

ive put this somewhere else but that research into increasing risk of baby pooing was bad and they have disproved it with other research, officially the jury is out on it so who knows???

Lozzi - I know exactly how you feel! I was desperate to have my baby and wanted to be induced at 38 weeks ( becasue of pelvis pain and liver problems) so for me waiting until 40 weeks seemed like an eternity. I eventually went 4 days over too...

What kept me sane though was thinking that my baby wasn't ready to come out yet for whatever reason. Remember some natural labours last for 42 weeks... the due date is just an estimate. I just kept thinking I wanted the best start for my baby....... and I wanted them to be fully "cooked" before he came out

If I were you try all the other things like Sex and long Walks but I wouldn't take castor oil or laxatives... from my experience a right good session in the sack was all it took to get things moving along!!! :oops:

good Luckk and I hope you LO doesn't keep you waiting too long!

Its not your due date yet :rotfl: What will you do if you go over??!! On a serious note they gave me laxatives when i came out of hospital from having Jamie...............NOT NICE!!!! I have never took them since, that was the first and last for me, the pain was so bad, i nearly knocked OH out with the smell :oops: and you'll be stuck in the bathroom for a good 20 mins!!! :lol:

Lyndsey said:
What kept me sane though was thinking that my baby wasn't ready to come out yet for whatever reason. Remember some natural labours last for 42 weeks... the due date is just an estimate. I just kept thinking I wanted the best start for my baby....... and I wanted them to be fully "cooked" before he came out

Sorry Lozzi but I have to agree with the other posters, particularly with Lyndsey. I know it sucks waiting for the day, but really baby will come when he/she is ready, and you have to let it happen naturally if possible, to minimise your own distress during labour if nothing else.

Also, I DEFINITELY wouldn't knowingly do anything to upset my tummy to stimulate labour - you do NOT want to spend any part of your labour with diarrhoea or sickness believe me.

Your baby will be with you before you know it :hug:

LBxx

Hi

Whatever you decide i hope things do start for you soon, so close to your due date hun anytime now
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back