Concerns about a friends baby. Help !!!!

BabysLife

Reaction score
Hello I am a mother to a 5month old little boy, I have a friend who also have a little girl which is a week younger then my little boy. As i am a concerned friend i was wondering if some one could help me.
She is always really tierd and never get any sleep due to her baby she told me that she didnt actully get to sleep til 6am as her baby would not sleep because she is afraid to let her baby cry. My little boy Goes to bed at 7 sleeps thro the night having a couple of wake ups for food then he is straight back to sleep with no hassle.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me a way round this as i am really concerned for her bcause either way the only way her baby will learn is to let her cry but the mother says that she is always chocking and get really worked up but if she carrys on then when her child is a little big older she could make her self sick for her mothers attetion.
What shall i do just leave her to it or give her some advise Please help!

Hiya hun,

Everyones parenting techniques are so different and so are their babies. I would just let her know what helped you and let her either try ot or leave it.. :D

Claire x

Yep what Claire said. I would let her know what worked for you and it's obviously her call as to whether she tries it or not. Letting a baby cry isn't the be all and end all of solving sleep problems, though, we didn't do it and my daughter sleeps just fine. Contrary to what people are often told as well, not all 5 month olds will sleep through. Mine did at 3 months and was back to waking again only a few weeks later. It's nice that you're looking out for her :)

I think it sounds like your friend is a bit anxious.

I don't have time to write a long reply but would suggest reading back in the Routines section the past few pages of sleeping threads. Lots of great advice and tips there might help.

I think your friend maybe needs to try to get into a gradual routine each night that works for her and LO. If her LO goes to bed late, she can try moving it forward a bit slowly. If the LO wakes a lot and won't settle without a feed or a cuddle, then its finding ways to help her do so.

The Routines section really does have lots of great advice, so have a read over there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back