Crib help

Breaking my heart this morning. Doing controlled crying now. Got totally balled out by the health visitor this morning cos caitlin wasn't sleeping in a crib, said i was at risk of killing her by cot death if i fell asleep with her on my chest. :(

Rósa;1914893 said:
Breaking my heart this morning. Doing controlled crying now. Got totally balled out by the health visitor this morning cos caitlin wasn't sleeping in a crib, said i was at risk of killing her by cot death if i fell asleep with her on my chest. :(

auch thats shocking I will admit there were a few times when Ellie was just home after weeks of not getting cuddles when I wanted I would sleep with her on my chest too xx

Well it was very hard, put her down at 10pm last night after a feed, she screamed for an hour ( was holding her hand etc) after the hour I gave her more food as she was rooting, she fed for 30 mins, swaddled her up again and laid her back down, she went straight to sleep, slept til 3 am fed for 45 mins, went back to sleep til 7.15 am and had just settled herself back to sleep in the crib now. Feel happy now, that Im not going to kill her... though feel as if I have lost my left arm got so used to having her with me all the time, keep checking on her every 5 mins :lol:

well done you as it is VERY difficult but Caitlin will realise that everytime she cries at night she wont get picked up and start to settle, just give her lots of cuddle through the day but keep up the controlled crying at night so she knows the diff, remember you will need time for you too so if your baby can go to bed and settle herself then this gives you sometime too xx

Dear hun that was a bit harsh off the health visitor, but her only crying for a hour is well good as it could off been a lot longer and least you stayed with her! Well done hun you shud be proud off yourself!! Xxx

Rósa;1915934 said:
Well it was very hard, put her down at 10pm last night after a feed, she screamed for an hour ( was holding her hand etc) after the hour I gave her more food as she was rooting, she fed for 30 mins, swaddled her up again and laid her back down, she went straight to sleep, slept til 3 am fed for 45 mins, went back to sleep til 7.15 am and had just settled herself back to sleep in the crib now. Feel happy now, that Im not going to kill her... though feel as if I have lost my left arm got so used to having her with me all the time, keep checking on her every 5 mins :lol:

Well done you :) that's great!! My LO is a good sleeper in cot pram etc but I have to get him to sleep and then put him down, if he wakes then he will settle himself! I tried doing the control cry but I just found it too hard to do to him! So again well done xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back