Conception after Yasmin

H_Savage

Reaction score
Apogies for starting about nine-million threads since signing up. I previously posted about the fact af is currently a week late, with no bfp. I've been on Yasmin for about five years but stopped taking it in November. I've been on Google and terrified myself with horror stories about coming off. Has anyone here had personal experience of it?

I had irregular cycles before yasmin to help with pcos and endo, took about 6 months to get a bit regular after but at did return. Sometimes it takes a while but don't worry.

If you think about it we take the pill every day pretty much and has been in your system so long might take a wee while.

Ive Been on lots of diff pills due to my whacky cycles and Yasmin is one of the better ones. You might have ov'd later this cycle?

Google is the DEVIL!!!!! Stop that silly behaviour now!!! :) xxx

Thank you! That makes me feel a million times better. I'm putting down the Google and walking away... The huge downside to the internet is the potential to search something like 'mild headache' and end up convincing yourself termites have built a cosy nest in your brain. A week isn't even an unreasonable amount of time for a period to be late, I'm being ludicrous! X

Oh Hun, your post made me laugh. I totally agree I once looked in to my two week wait the next thing I had self diagnosed all sorts of crazy conditions....google should come with a health warning.

Were your periods regular before? Easier said than done but your AF will show up try not to worry. If you ov'd later your still in with a chance too so on the up side that's a good thing!

:dust: to you!

Hey i was on yasmin for roughly 8 yrs before comin off it end of july. First cycle was 37 days....second cycle was 36 days...then 3rd cycle was 81 days (may hav been longer if i hadnt started the agnus castus on cd 70). 4th cycle went down to 26 days...im now on cd 18 of my new cycle and hopin to ov in next day or 2 so different amount of cycle days again lol

all i can say really is the pill can take a while to leave ur system....i think its still leavin me nearly 7months later....but it depends on the person...some girls are lycky to catch straightaway...others gav to wait a bit longer
good luck hun xxx

Thank you again :) technically I could have ovulated later, but I feel like I just know there's nothing going on other than a confused cycle. I was only worried because a) it actually matters now and b) I've never been late before, although have been a day early on occasion. After giving myself a stern talking to I'm just going to relax about it until there's an actual reason not to x

Hey hav u done a pg test yet hun? How many dpo do u think u r? Xxx

I've done two, one as soon as I was late and another at the weekend. If I'm right in thinking dpo is from the day you ovulate, I'd be 19 dpo. Although that was just based on cm, haven't tried any opks or anything yet. I did seem to have ewcm twice in the month, but didn't note down the second day as I was sure it was just a sign af was imminent. Somewhere around the last weekend in Jan. I think.

Sounds like your cycles have been ridic, particularly the mega long one. I'm having stern words with my ovaries to do what they can to fight off any lingering pill faux-mones.

Fauxmones i like it! Im fearful every.cycle that its gonna b a ling one. I wish i knew the effects the pill had on ur body before taking it. Soooo frustrating ttc with messed up cycles xxx

i was on yasmin...came off it in october 2010.........cycles went to 28 days straight away and i ovulated first month of coming off it and fell pregnant in jan 2011......so just took a couple of months. sadly mc but then fell pregnant again first time of trying in june 2011...

so doesnt always take a while..but the doc told me it can take up to 12 months....so dont worry chick xx

Bellarina, agreed! I'd have stuck with raincoats if I'd known. I suppose it's all there in the booklet you get with the pill, but really, who reads that? Even its stupid tiny size is off-putting.

Samsgirl, your experience is very encouraging! And congratulations, not long for you to go now! Eee!

awe samsgirls im glad u wrote that, gives us yasmin girls hope lol xxx

plus i am 35 and been on the pill since 16!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back