Coming off Microgynon and TTC

Cleo100

Reaction score
Hi Gals,

OH and I are currently waiting to try in the new year for our second bubba.

Just wondering, as I cant find anything online and the paper insert thingy from my box of pills is not there. (1st pregnancy was a surprise and I was on Norimin but stopped taking it when I found out I was preggy)

Currently on Microgynon 30. Not sure how long I should stop taking it before we decide to TTC?

Should I stop taking it and leave a few months using condoms before TTC or just go for it straight away (can this do any damage!) Obv was on the pill 1st time around and bubs was fine, but it's a different brand.

I'm aware that it might take quite a while for cycles to become regular again and I start ov'ing, have any of you been on Microgynon and are TTC? Just a tad confused as to what I should be doing....

Also, (sorry for 20 questions! are any of you taking folic acid now before falling preggo? My old baby books suggest you should do it before, I only started at 8 weeks last time as I did not know I was preggo until 7 weeks and MW told me to take it)

Thanks girlies.....

Cleo xxx

You can start straight away , some medics will say wait for first af but it's purely for dating reasons it will cause no harm

You should ideally take FA for 3 months before but anything is a bonus.

I was on Microgynon 30 before TTC my first two and I came off and got cracking! Took 3 months first time and 2 the second time :)

i was on it and it took almost 2 months and now i am pregnant :)

Heya!

Yeah you can start straight away, apparently the first month as soon as you come off is a good one to try? I came off it 3 months ago and hoping I will get prego this month, wont find out till xmas eve though! Fingers crossed!!!
xxx

The 1st month after coming off microgynon is usually highest chance of getting pregnant but obviously everyones different it can take 3-6 months for it to fully come out of your system. Im on month 3 of stopping microgynon and im hopefully :x pregnant :) good luck hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back