Coming off the pill...

Feanor

Reaction score
Hi all,

This week I am going to stop taking the pill and use condoms for at least 6-9 months before starting TTC. This is really to see where my cycles are try to get back to normal before we start.
Is there anything else I need to consider? I've been on the pill for 10 years so dont really know what to expect.

Also, is there anywhere where you can get free condoms?! It will cost a fortune to get a good suply!

Thanks
Feanor

:wave: Hi and welcome

I use to get free condoms from the nurse at my gps she even had loads of different types sometimes more then boots :rotfl:

If I was you I would also start taking folic acid now as it is recommended that you start this 3 months before TTC

Good Luck when you do start TTC :hug:

Ah good idea, thanks!

Although...I'm not sure I can make an appointment to see the nurse just to get free condoms! lol.

I will start to take folic acid a bit nearer the time :)

Feanor said:
Ah good idea, thanks!

Although...I'm not sure I can make an appointment to see the nurse just to get free condoms! lol.

I will start to take folic acid a bit nearer the time :)

I just use to ask at the reception if I could have a quick word with the nurse and that I really did not need an appointment for what I needed a word about, they asked me what it was about and I just said that the nurse said to pop in to pick up some condoms and they would either ring the nurse to see if she was free or just go up and get me some. :D

Regarding condoms - I found buying from the internet much cheaper than the usual shops as our docs didn't really have a good choice!

We did the same, came off pill Dec '07 but my cycles still aren't regular :( we're going to start TTC in March though :D

I came off the pill in Feb after 7 years and was 'regular' (i.e. cycle lengths within 2 days of each other) within 2 months.

We started TTC late May and I fell pregnant Oct and Nov.

Hope this helps. Some people become fertile again straight away, others it takes longer.

I woulds tart taking your folic acid at least 3 months before you start TTC to build up a decent amount in your body!

GOOD LUCK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back