Collected out pram last night!

Toni_Win

Reaction score
We were originally going to wait another couple of weeks to collect the pram, but then I realised we need to collect it from a store in the middle of a retail park. Taking my husband to a retail park just a couple of weeks before christmas would not be a good idea! He hates shopping and definitely suffers from car park rage, so arranged to pick it up a bit early. Glad we did as it was really quiet last night.

Arrived at Mamas and Papas with clear skies, and by the time we came back out of the shop it was snowing! We had asked the assistant to show us how to fit the car seat too, so bless her she was there in a short sleeved blouse showing us how to fit the seat while I'm trying to hold my brolly over her so she doesn't get quite so wet. As soon as she'd finished showing us it stopped snowing! Typical!

Anyway, the Mamas and Papas Zoom is now sitting in a box in our hallway just begging to be opened and assembled. Will probably have to wait till both me and hubby finish work now. There's no way he'll let me try and assemble it - too much heavy lifting - and he's too busy sorting school stuff out now. I'm going to have to get him to move it upstairs otherwise it will be calling to me everytime I walk past it.

That's pretty much all the baby stuff bought and home now, just a few little bits and pieces left like bibs, changing mat, toys and a thermometer.

Yay its exciting isn't it! Best waiting for him I needed help with just pulling my buggy out the boxes lol!

How exciting !!!! I wish I had mine I thought it was all sorted but found out on sunday it hadn't been ordered yet !!!

Ohhh Ive ordered the Zoom too!! :) Which car seat did you get with it? And are you using the Iso fix thing or just belts?? XX

Ohhh Ive ordered the Zoom too!! :) Which car seat did you get with it? And are you using the Iso fix thing or just belts?? XX

We've got the Cybex Aton, it was more lightweight than the other one. We haven't got the base, when we were choosing in the shop I asked about bases and the sales assisstant advised that we have a go with just the seat belts and see how we get on as we can always buy the base later. The Aton is so easy to fit with the seatbelts, I think we'll be fine with that. It also fits nicely on our back seat and at the right angle so not much to worry about there. But it's not till you really start using it with the baby in that you know how you're going to get on. If after a few weeks we find it's taking ages to get the seat in and out of the car we'll look at getting a base. According to Vauxhall our car should have isofix clips, but I haven't had a look for them yet. I can't actually see them in the car, so I assume they are under the upright of the back seats. But you can get a base that fits with the seatbelts even if you don't have isofix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back