Phoning docs tmos

scaredmum2be

Reaction score
As LO is 9 months old and it all started with a cold but he has a right cough which must be affecting him. Hes off his milk an sleeps less because coughing wakes him up :(.
His chest is rattly and wheezy :( im hoping its just a normal cough an splutter really hope its not an infection he had a cough bout a week but this is the worst ive heard of it. When i pick him up hes rattly like i just want him to cough to make it go away. I dunno. Its horrible cos i cant do much at the moment.
Although he seems bubbly in himself but he is tired cos he didnt sleep much today 10 mins in the morning an 10 mins in the afternoon :( Not much really and hes been really whiney bless him xx

He had a little temperature the other day cos me mum said he was abit hot so she gave him some calpol. I hope hes alright. Hes staying with his Grandma tonight. Im full of cold now to :( x

Hope all goes well at the docs xxx

Sent from my iPhone using
Tapatalk sorry for any typos!!

soundslike abit of achestinfection to me, one of thethings thatmay help is puta small cushion under the matress in his cot, this way he will sleep slightly tilted up help slightly with the coughing as when they lie flat all the gunk builds up on the chest just like with an adult - which is why weprop ourselves up in bed when we have a bad cough.

not nice i know but doc will make him all better.

if ur worried about temp and dont want to keep giving him medicine take a couple of layer off, maybe just have him sleep in his vest with a blanket over him, just obviously watch he doesnt then get too cold - did all this with my daughter when she was a baby

Not sure how to pop a pillow under the cot to be honest im abit thick lol.
i think he had abit of a temp today but calpol once he know the affects it tends to ware off an he doesnt ware that much at bed time part from a baby grow dont wana strip him off to much incase he has the shivers or something.
I will get docs to check his rattly cough an chest although u can tell he has a snotty nose but the wheezing bit i dont get. he had a cold for about a week an this week seems to be worse with the wheezin an coughing. Im hopin hes alright tonight x

Wow he's 9 months already?!! That's flown by!!
I know this isn't alot of help but there's alot of bugs doing their rounds ATM, make sure he's getting plenty of fluid.
Hope the doctor helps x x

i think he had abit of a temp today but calpol once he know the affects it tends to ware off an he doesnt ware that much at bed time part from a baby grow dont wana strip him off to much incase he has the shivers or something.
I will get docs to check his rattly cough an chest although u can tell he has a snotty nose but the wheezing bit i dont get. he had a cold for about a week an this week seems to be worse with the wheezin an coughing. Im hopin hes alright tonight x

hi just get a small cushion, at the top end of the cot lift up the matress as if u was changing the sheet and put a pillow under it, matress is propped up then xx

I've heard that yellow pages under the legs at one end work well. I have also hung a bib with 'snuffle rub' on it from one end where he can't reach it, not sure if it works but it does make the room smell nice lol

Sent from my iPhone using
Tapatalk sorry for any typos!!

Wow he's 9 months already?!! That's flown by!!
I know this isn't alot of help but there's alot of bugs doing their rounds ATM, make sure he's getting plenty of fluid.
Hope the doctor helps x x

Yeah it sure does fly by hasnt it i keep wondering where the small baby was but hes gotten so big!! Lol.
I cant get that much down him in liquids. Hes gone off his milk but the Health Visitor demands i get 20fluid oz or something basically 3 bottles a day an he will only take about 6oz bottle of milk and sometimes he will always be sick on the morning bottle which i think hes cut off on that one. Sometimes he will take a 5oz bottle bout 3 oclock an hes cut out the 11 (pm) o'clock feed aswell.
He will seem to only take juice now but i give him 6oz of juice in a bottle but that will last him for most the afternoon. So the healthvisitor is doing my head in.
Im guna tell all this to me doc aswell. Its hard gettin fluids down him. but its been like that while stupid healthvisitor sed put it in his food an he brought it back up.
Im sure he will be alright at grandmas although theyll look after him :D. x

hi just get a small cushion, at the top end of the cot lift up the matress as if u was changing the sheet and put a pillow under it, matress is propped up then xx

Thanks for that will try that tmos if its still bad tmos x

Quite a few of the PF babies have bad coughs at the minute. There mustbe something going round. Hope he'sbetter soon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back