Baby cough and cold?

positivity :)

Reaction score
Will has picked up a heavy cold from me, he's woke up this morning very snotty and coughing. Is there anything I should be giving to him? He is fine in himself, babbling to himself and rolling around like normal but just sounds horrible :(

I went to the docs because I was so worried about Angel when she was stuffed up, it sounded like she couldn't breathe. I used this nasal saline spray for babies by Calpol that's pretty good and used the aspirator and just gave her normal calpol but my doc said that all these things are just like a temporary solution and it's just gotta ride itself out xx

It's horrible for them isn't it :( poor little bubbas can't even sniff or clear it themselves. He seems fine now but I'm guessing it's gonna get worse before it gets better x

Angels was only bad for a day or two then it began to clear up but yes it is horrible :( I was so paranoid about her one night I camped beside her crib and didn't sleep all night lol was funny when she spotted me, she was like what are you doing in my room haha xx

Jake has an awful cold and cough too at the moment, snufflebabe helps him a lot, I rub a bit on his chest in the morning for the day and a bit at night before bed plus I add some boiling water to a bowl and put a teaspoonful of snufflebabe into it and leave it in a corner of the room at night, the vapours really help him to breath during the night xx

Hey Sarah. Brody has exactly the same thing. Started out just a cough but now his wee nose is getting a bit blocked. I've given him a little bit of calpol in morning. He's still his usual cheery self thankfully. Hope it stays that way! Think we worry more. Sounds so horrible coughing. This morning he coughed up stretchy spit which I can only assume was flem. Was icky. Poor little guys! X

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When Sophie's nose is blocked I've found If OH has a shower first and then she has a bath helps to clear her nose out. The baby saline spray is brilliant too xx

It's not nice, he got a bit upset this afternoon so we gave him calpol and he's now playing with his Alfie bear so all good. Hope Ur LO's get better soon :hugs:

Xx

Poor little man- hope he gets well soon! Like others have said we used saline nasal spray, snufflebabe, and a nasal aspirator. Calpol if needed and we also tilted head end of cot up coz all the snot seemed to collect in back of his throat at night and sounded v gurgly! Ethan had a bad cold that lasted 2weeks which we all had- think the nasty ones can really take a while to clear. We kept an eye in his temperature in case it turned into an ear it throat infection. Xx

Thanks all. Had a screaming fit before bed but I think he's very tired with it all :( sleeping now so hope he wakes up feeling better x

Sounds like it's really going around. Went to the drop in centre today with J. He's got a really sharp cough. Pretty sure it's all in his throat because he sounds hoarse. Anyway the drop in centre gave him the all clear and said he's just got a cold. I've given him some calpol this afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back