Coffee

ZoeM

Reaction score
Hi :wave:

How much coffee and tea are you allowed to drink a day, befoe it effects you fertility?

I've just had one and a half cups of office coffee and now I feel like I'm buzzin!! :shock:

I'm on a Clearblue Fertility Monitor trial and at the moment my fertility is high.....I'm not going to touch that coffee anymore!!

Zo

I've read conflicting advice about this. I have cut down to 2 a day as there's no way I could cut it out completely. I didn't cut down when I had my children in my 20's and had no problems, although I went right off it in early pregnancy until after the birth. I'm a great believer in that your body knows what it does and does not want....mind you pregnancy is the only time I listen to it. :D Must add my Mum had 7 kids, last one at 43 and drinks coffee like water! (but I'm certainly not recommending this and it's not something I would do!)

Hello Honey,

I think caffeine is really quite bad for you whether you are TTC or not. Me and OH have become caffeine free since we read an article last year that made us rethink our habits.
I can honestly not tell the difference between decaf tea/coffee and the real thing. I am convinced that the whole caffeine kick thing is psychosomatic too. I genuinely haven’t noticed any change in my alertness levels. I have much, much fewer headaches and I sleep much better.
Go caffeine free…it is a good lifestyle choice.
M
xx

I never drink tea or coffee at home but I always have a cup off coffee when I get to work and about 2 or 3 cups of earl grey or green tea throughout the working day. It is psychosomatic I think as my mind tells me I need that cup of coffee to start the day and wake up, its like a ritual lol

Im sure my levels of caffeine intake are pretty safe though as I dont drink cola or anything else containing caffeine.

there was a program on tv last month " the truth about food " and they tested the theory about coffee giving you energy. Basically the guy ended up been quite low for a few days with withdrawl then his energy levels were the same.

caffeine in general isn't good for you and in large quantities can affect your sleep patterns and energy levels.....

i only have one cup in the morning cos its my ritual but other than that i drink caffeine free, as as has already been said it tastes the same...

I don't drink tea or coffee but I do have a bit of a Pepsi Max habit :oops:

Found this on a website

Caffeine

There is plenty of evidence to show that caffeine, particularly in the form of coffee, decreases fertility. Drinking as little as one cup of coffee a day can halve your chances of conceiving. On study showed that problems with sperm: sperm count, motility and abnormalities, increase with the number of cups of coffee consumed each day. Once again, it's important to eliminate all caffeine-containing food and drinks for at least three months before trying to conceive. That includes colas, chocolate, black teas and coffee, among other things.

The actual site is here http://www.marilynglenville.com/infertility.htm

No chocolate for 3 months?!?! That's gotta be a joke right? :shock:

I sure hope so :D I don't see how something that tastes so good could possibly be bad for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back