Coats

Tillytots

Reaction score
OMG what is everyone doing for a coat at the moment??

I have tons of lovely coats but only 2 fit and they are fur coats....not a great look with trackies when I dont feel like getting done up. My bump is bloomin huge :|

I needed a new winter coat anyhow so I bought a lovely new one form Next, its got loads of room in it so my bump can grow.

Im living in a great huge fleece when i go out i desperatly need a new coat and the one ive seen is 55pound and its lovely but dont see the point in buying it as i dont plan to be this size this time next year and i like my coats to last a few years

xx

I know, I dont really want to spend what little money Ive got just for a few months wear. Ive already brought one coat so that I could grow into it...Ive grown into it and out of it already in 2 months!! :?

The fleece idea is a good one Tatty, I think Il ask OH nicely if I could steal some of his clothes and get him to bring me some over :)

Was your coat from Next a mat one Charlie?

xx

i knicked one of my dads fleeces b4 he left for france and it was from m&m its huge and keeps me nice and warm

Actually my OH is using it now as he is detailing a car outside and its freezing!

xx

I got a cota for my bday from New Look and it was only £50 - it should fit when I get bigger but I don't have a bump really just now.

My coat still fits - JUST, but I intend to go fleecey!

I've got a new Hooch fleece coat that has drawstrings as part of the design so I think it'll stretch with me and I have proper fleeces in big sizes anyway.

I like wearing a blokes fleece over summit sexy - it feels so cool to take it off and be all girly underneath but then get to put it back when girls in girly crappy coats are all shivering.

The coat I bought last winter won't fasten any more because i'm such a big heffer :(

I really don't want to fork out for a new winter coat that is bigger and will fasten around my tum just for a few months.
I've been wearing my coat either undone or big thick jumpers and my padded body warmer.

im ok 4 a coat at the mo as i dont really hav a bump yet

i brought a "swing coat" from a catalouge i brought it in a size 14 i normaly take a 12 in coats as i have broad sholders. it wasnt cheap though it was £50 but it looks fab on because it doesnt button up all the way down loads of room for baby :)
if you watch hollyoaks its the same as what steph has been wearing but different colours and i had mine first :twisted: :twisted:
manda xx

I got mine from Red Herring - its a proper maternity one but next year when i am hoping i will have lost so of the baby weight i plan to give it to my friend who could be pregnant by then. We have agreed to share all maternity clothes and this is a great way to save money x

I think this is the one i got although i cant tell unless i have a front view!
http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... _473510_-1

yeah i got a swing coat too actually, hopefully it will be ok for when i get bigger

tots hope said:
I got mine from Red Herring - its a proper maternity one but next year when i am hoping i will have lost so of the baby weight i plan to give it to my friend who could be pregnant by then. We have agreed to share all maternity clothes and this is a great way to save money x

I think this is the one i got although i cant tell unless i have a front view!
http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... _473510_-1

thats a really nice coat. how thick is it? as im after a thicker one also does it only come in black or do they do other colours?
manda xx

My coat no longer fits, in fact the buttons started popping off it a week or so back. I went to Mountain Warehouse and bought a ski jacket in a size 12 (two sizes too big so it looks a bit daft round the shoulders) for £35 and I reckon it'll do me till the weather gets a bit warmer. I also got a maternity fleece (not a coat) off Ebay for £20 so I wear that indoors now all my jumpers and cardies won't do up.

I had a big panic about coats this time last week but I have just decided to go for the BIFF COAT approach and look fat rather than pregnant. At least I'm warm. Actually I look really daft with my turquoise ski jacket, turquoise Hello Kitty earmuffs, scarf and magic gloves but hey who cares?!

I can't gaurantee this is the one i got as i am sure mine was £55 not £35 - although my brain isn't really working at the moment so i could be wrong!

The one i have is pretty thick - i would certainly go out with just a jumper underneith it. Got a nice hat, scarf and glove set from Debenhams as well so look better than i normally do!

I actually went out on saturday with just a dressy top on and felt warm enough.

As for colours i only saw it in black which is what i was after so didn't look for any others.

my normal one still fits, although theres a draft now as theres a gap through the toggles, Still got a works fleece that fits though. I'm such a tramp lately

Im living in fleeces at the mo,but will need something warmer soon as it's very cold in the morning when doing the school run as hubby takes the car to work.

My OH bought me a gorgeous suade coat for my bday. The day after that we found out i was preggers, an it no longer fits :(

I've got a puffy brown coat from asda. REALLY WARM and 2 sizes too big at the mo. I look rather funny wearing it as it's so big but i don't care, it cost £18 and will last for the pregnancy, then i can wear my nice coat again.

I love fleeces though, especially borrowed ones, ones that smell like my OH. Yum.

I bought a snow jacket just before I got pg but luckily I bought it big so I had room to fit a chunky jumper underneath, I've been fine wearing t-shirts under it so far so it still fits just!
I'm sure my body temperature must be a lot higher than normal cos the roads are all frozen with ice outside and I'm not half as cold as I usually am this time of year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back