co sleeping

aliciabubba

Reaction score
could you please tell me how you co sleep with a baby? its just sometimes id like to bring Ralph into bed at 5am when he wont settle but im always scared to as I think ill hurt him. we have a super king size bed so there's loads of room. x

My OH sleeps in the living room and I've attached my cot so I have extra space! I either use a thin blanket or only have half the douvet on the bed (the half I'm on) I make sure the sheets are all right and Tyler can't get down any gaps and I only have 2 pillows far away from Tyier. I don't snuggle up close to him I roll over and feed him then roll away. I have my hair tied up and the cord to the pj trousers tucked in. He sleeps in a grobag so without blankets.

No drinking, smoking or taking drugs if you are sharing a bed.

Hope that helps

hey hun

i sometimes put alfie in wih us if he wakes at 5 to get an extra hour!! we both have those memory foam pillows so we make a gap in between the pillows and put him there so his head is near the headboard and he sleeps in a grobag and i make sure my quilt dont come high up by putting my arm over it and it works well for us :) xx

Oo great advice, I tried this this morning but couldn't sleep as I wa worried. May I ask, is the tying hair back invade he tries to eat it nd choke? X

I think it's incase it wraps around his neck it's the same with any loose cords or ties. I think it's officially advised that you wear a jumper and keep your covers up to your waist max

OH doesn't sleep with a pillow and I turn mine vertically. Baby sleeps in between me and OH near our heads, that way we can still be covered by the duvet without risking it going over LO's head.

We have coslept with both our babies,with Oscar for a year, but probably won't cosleep that long with Lula, but probably the first 4-6 months, it makes BFing alot easier through the night and feels the most natural thing in the world.

Really am enjoying cosleeping with our daughter.

There is alot of information out there on cosleeping and ways to make it safe. It is pretty unlikely that you will roll onto your child as you are consciously aware that they are there. It is not advisable to smoke, drink or do drugs (esp the last 2 as this is when incidents are more likely to happen as you lose awareness of their presence.

Lula snuggles right into me and I love waking up to her :love:

thanks for the advice girls. I think ill try it tomorrow see how we go :) xxx

if Sofia comes in with me i too sleep with my head by her feet, no danger of me pulling the covers up then:) x

I have my pillows on my side of the bed and oh's pillow acting as a barrier to stop lo rolling- not that he can yet!! His blanket over him, duvet up to my waist and my back. Lie on my side with top leg bent and in front of other leg (means you won't roll on them) and arm round lo's head and one across him in a cuddle if he's feeding. He loves it and cuddles in xx

I bring Georgia in with us if she doesn't settle at 5am ish. I keep duvet up but lie her on top of it. She sleeps on the outside - DH and I move right over to one side of the bed, and she lies in the middle but not between us iykwim.

Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

In the early hrs I move hubbys pillow right over, turn mine vertically and Dylan goes between us with how head by the headboard. I sleep facing him kind of in my front with my leg bent under him so hubby can't roll.over - don't trust him! It's lovely holding Dylan's hand or he touches my face.x

I have read that you shouldn't place baby between u and OH because a mother is instinctively more aware of a babies presence so is unlikely to roll over as she sleeps lighter. This is not the case with dad.

I have read that you shouldn't place baby between u and OH because a mother is instinctively more aware of a babies presence so is unlikely to roll over as she sleeps lighter. This is not the case with dad.

Yeah, I read that it's not good to have them between two parents, although I thought it was due to over heating. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Oz and now Lula have both slept between OH and I, it just feels the most natural thing for both of us. OH, not so much with Lula, but with Oz cradled in the crook of his arm alot. OH was the one more confident about cosleeping than I was when Oz was born. It is a very primal thing to do, I love it.

Forgot to say, when Dylan was smaller I had him in the crook of my arm on the outside but not near the edge. Now he kicks and flaps too much so he goes between. I feel comfortable he's safe as I put my knee under so oh can't roll over and only do it after about 6am, usually later when oh is thinking about getting up or is up. Wouldn't feel comfortable with him between us during the actual night as I think oh is a heavier sleeper and agree its prob not so instinctive to them x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back