Clear Blue ovulation test :)

janey78

Reaction score
I was so worried I wasn't ovulating I brought clear blue digital ovulation test and today Day 16 I got a smiley face. :dance:

Now the question is because my husband wants a girl he has been reading up and found out the girls sperm last longer so to have :bd: a few days before, So we had :bd: Thursday but i think that was too far away and we need to have it tonight as i think with this test you may be ovulating in a couple of days is this true?

Sorry writing this quickly while on my lunch so may not make much sense sorry:eh:

I am just so happy and relieved I am Ovulating now for the hard bit :sperm:

S-Jxx

Hey good news on the smiley!

I am no expert but I think once you get your smiley you ov anywhere from 12 to 24 hours later also I believesperm will live anything from one to five days but three is a good bet (please correct me if I'm wrong). So I would get in the sack tonight as Thursday might be pushing your luck!

Good luck and baby dust to you

Xx

yes i would bd today and tomorrow night if i wer you (if OH can manage it lol) as the day u get ur positive opk lets you know ul be ovulating pretty much next day

good luck xx

I think the chances of Thursday's sperm still being alive will be slim so I would BD tonight and tomorrow if possible. Good luck. x

Thank you I did think this but wanted to check to see if my thoughts were correct. Hubby asleep :/ he is on earlies at work :( have see if a bit of sleep on the sofa helps so he is a bit awake when its bed time ;)

I would definitely go for it tonight! We BDed Friday and i know i OV'd Sunday morning... so i am hoping that we have made a baby and i do hope its a girlie :D

I think that Thursday to now would be pushing it even... so tomorrow or the next day would definitely be pushing it a bit too much!

Last edited:
We bd on a Mon, wed, and Friday ovulation test showed smiley face on the Wednesday, so that was two days before, day of and two days after smiley face, was this enough do you think? I would prefer a girl but don't mind either way is just love a baby

Sounds great to me! We weren't able to bd on the actual day so are just hoping for the best!

I dont mind what we have just nubby wants a girl first :/ I did another test today to see what it said but just a circle is it normal to only have the smiley face for one day?

I only ever have a smiley for one day then its gone - I must admit I wonder the same thing. Not much help am I !

Xx

:) thats ok at least I know I am not on y own. Thanks

How on earth do you find out when your LH surge is?

Sorry, I'm very new to all this and I was just having a peek on the Clear Blue website....

Hi I am new to this as well. I never knew it was so hard :) if you are using the Clear Blue Digital ovulation tests you get a smiley face. I have used others where you just get a line but I was so confused I though these would be better and I was so excited when I got a smiley face you would of thought I was pregnant lol

So as I read it but could be wrong you need to be as much as you can from when you see the smiley face as it only lasts 24 hours But we do try and bd and I started testing 10 days from AF to make sure I didn't miss it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back