Cleaning out nappy bucket

Bee

Reaction score
What do you all use to clean out your nappy bucket?

I rinse mine out when I put the nappies in the wash and sometimes use bleach but I'm not happy using bleach

i sprinkle a little bicarb of soda and a few drops of tea tree oil, leave overnight and rinse.

Ooh fab idea!

I'll try that. Not keen on using bleach.

I wash it out with washing up liquid and then a few drops of lavender oil.

We usually rinse it out with hot water and Dettol then rinse again. We also put a couple of drops of tea tree oil in once it's dry.

... mine doesn't get that dirty!

I just swill it out with hot water :oops: but I put a couple of drops of tea tree oil at the bottom so that it smells nice when you open the lid :lol:

I'm just making this cloth nappy lark up as I go along :lol: I actually have no idea what I should and shouldn't be doing :oops: you lot put me to shame :shakehead: ;)

monster_munch said:

I just swill it out with hot water :oops: but I put a couple of drops of tea tree oil at the bottom so that it smells nice when you open the lid :lol:

I'm just making this cloth nappy lark up as I go along :lol: I actually have no idea what I should and shouldn't be doing :oops: you lot put me to shame :shakehead: ;)

:lol: I rinse mine out too. It doesn't smell but I'm not chancing it so like to clean it properly but I am not putting my hand in there :lol:

Lorna - I can't stand the smell of dettol :( reminds me of primart school :lol: ;)

monster_munch said:

Admit it... you have so many that you don't actually need to wash to have enough :lol:

daftscotslass said:
monster_munch said:

Admit it... you have so many that you don't actually need to wash to have enough :lol:

:lol: I sense an addiction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daftscotslass said:
monster_munch said:

:moon: it's geting that way :oops:
I do actually do alot of washing, there's never more than 3 nappies in my bucket at any time as I like the way they look all clean in my big purple box so I wash them quick and tumble dry them and them stck them back up and look at them.... :rotfl:

monster_munch said:
daftscotslass said:
[quote="monster_munch":3vfkcc6m]... mine doesn't get that dirty!

:moon: it's geting that way :oops:
I do actually do alot of washing, there's never more than 3 nappies in my bucket at any time as I like the way they look all clean in my big purple box so I wash them quick and tumble dry them and them stck them back up and look at them.... :rotfl:[/quote:3vfkcc6m]

:lol: :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

U are mad!

I usually use scalding hot water only. If you get it hot enough nothing can live in it anyway (I have tried this in microbiology!). When Jacob is a little older, if my bucket is getting dirtier than now, I will do the same thing that I do to my bin, soak in scalding hot water with some dishsoap or with my baking soda and tee tree oil mixture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back