cleaning? after a newborn?

lisa&alex

Reaction score
alex has been really great.. i havent cooked a meal since super ted was born.. i also havent really made myself any drinks etc.. he has been let loose in the kitchen.. and you can really tell. it was spotless 9 days ago.. and now it looks like a bomb has hit it.. its really getting me down.. i jsut dont have the energy to give it a good scrub!" how can one man make so much mess and not clean up after himself!! :evil: i bleached all the sides yesterday and they are all filthy.. i just dont get how you cant wipe up crumbs n spillages.. how is everyone else or how did you cope with cleaning? did you just do it no matter how tired you felt??

I did it, I know people tell you to get as much rest as possible but TBH if i slept during day I felt worse so I just did bits all the time. Not too much, just make sure as soon as I'd had tea (which OH had cooked) I'd go in and wash down sides and clean pots, couldn't leave it to him cos men can't clean properly :roll:

I'd also give a hoover once a morning. My laundry basket was full twice over though and getting to point I didnt have any clean clothes so I took it all to laundrette and got them to do it all and iron it and I picked up next day with OH.. was £40 I had that much! but money well spent cos it would've took me ages to get through it all :wall:

Like I said don't go overboard though, give your body a chance to recover :hug:

You cant do it, simple as!!

I still have trouble finding the right time to get myself dressed let alone do the housework as Henry is a very demanding little baby!

I try and do 1 room a day rather than hoovering the whole place or cleaning all the windows in one go, that way I can keep on top of the place. As long as I get that 1 room done I feel good as the next messy room will be clean tomorrow.

Needless to say washing is always on the go :roll:

I didn't do it, and I didn't really care, I was more concerned about my sanity and my baby boy :D
It's just mess, it'll always appear, no matter how much you clean it up :hug:

i am sooooooooooooo much more lax with cleaning than i used to be. i used to be a bit neurotic tbh :oops: and its just not possible to be with a baby is it! :lol: it did get to me at first but im getting used to it now. sometimes i cant help cleaning up when it really gets to me but my standards hav really dropped!

As my nurse says "Please excuse the dust, just don't write in it" :lol:

I'm messy anyway, not dirty messy just cluttered (house is too small!) I absolutely HATE the kitchen being dirty though.

trixipaws said:
i am sooooooooooooo much more lax with cleaning than i used to be. i used to be a bit neurotic tbh :oops: and its just not possible to be with a baby is it! :lol: it did get to me at first but im getting used to it now. sometimes i cant help cleaning up when it really gets to me but my standards hav really dropped!

ditto, things have changed. Maybe now Im getting into more of a routine but straight after Joe was born it was a bit of a mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back