Claiming Maintenance

You can claim child maintenance, just don't fill in the part on the form regarding your 'other half/partner'. Obv, you have to send in the BC when claiming but they don't tend to pry into why the father hasn't been mentioned.

A friend of mine was in the same position as you a few years back, she was advised that if the father is not paying child maintenance, by law, he doesn't have a right to see his child/have a say over his child. It was like that for me and my brother when we were children, too. It may have changed though.

*Star* said:
i think if parents are married then they both have parental responsibility.
if the parents are not married then the father has to be named on the birth certificate for him to get parental responsibility.
the only way the father can be named if the parents are not married, is if the father attends the registering of the birth. if he doesnt then he isn't named and i think doesnt get the pr

Unfortunately you get some right bastewards who don't want the responsibility but do want to see the child. My real father was like this, didn't pay an penny on maintenance after I turned 6, imagine 2 children and 16yrs of child maintenance owed, a lot of money huh. Every time the CSA caught up with him, he'd say he was unemployed and he then didn't have to pay a thing. When I was 18, he contact my mum and asked if I wanted to see him? Why? Because he didn't have an obligation to pay maintenance then :evil:

Where is he now? In Vietnam, married a barely 20 something virgin bride (honest truth), didn't attend his mum or dad's funeral and is still a right fecker!!!!

Out of experience, I wouldn't chase him for money, the minute he pays, even a penny, he then has a right to put a claim in for full rights/sharing etc. TBH some cases, the child is better off being without a father like this, until they are old enough to make up their own minds.

Good luck though xx

Josephine_Beth said:
Out of experience, I wouldn't chase him for money, the minute he pays, even a penny, he then has a right to put a claim in for full rights/sharing etc. TBH some cases, the child is better off being without a father like this, until they are old enough to make up their own minds.

Good luck though xx

Maintenence and access are not connected. If he did want access he'd have to sort it out with Dannii and if she refused he'd have to go to court and it will be what is in the childs best interests not how much he is paying. Some fathers get access despite not paying a penny whereas others gladly pay considerable amounts and never see their kids. Its not connected at all. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back