Please help need advice

MackenzieJoe

Reaction score
My baby son is due in 14days.I'm not with the babys dad no more but I am in a relationship with a man I was with 5years again. Iv had threats etc from the babys father regarding court etc. I don't want the babys father seeing my son & I don't want his name going down on the birth certificate. Once I have registered my son can the babys father go & get his name put on it?? Or can I refuse this? Also what are peoples views on if I were to put my boyfriends name down as the father on the birth certificate as he will be bringing him up as his own & will be supporting me as I am now living with him & his family.. Also if my boyfriends name is down aste father on the birth certificate would the biological father be able to take me to court to take my boyfriends name off the birth certificate in order for his name to go on?? Please help xx

as far as im aware, if your not married, you would both need to be present for his name on the birth certificate.

Putting you're boyfriends name on the birth cert when you KNOW he's not the father is illegal and can lead to a fine or even imprisonment.

xxx

as far as im aware, if your not married, you would both need to be present for his name on the birth certificate.

Putting you're boyfriends name on the birth cert when you KNOW he's not the father is illegal and can lead to a fine or even imprisonment.

xxx

^^^^ completely correct, when we got our LO registered there was LOADS of big signs saying if you give false info you will be prosecuted and likely be sent to prison!

i would suggest just getting your LO registered and leave it at that, as although your ex might be a dick, he has a right to his child and your child has a right to make their own mind up! and i know this will sound quite harsh, but what would you do if you did register your LO with your new bf as dad (and i presume name) and they you split???

I would agree with the above of not putting your partners name down on the birth certificate as it is illegal.

In regards to your EX..... my husband was not on his daughters birth certificate for 5 years (totally different circumstances to you)
His ex said he didnt deserve to be on it as he wasnt around for the first 3 years (they were kids he was 15 at the time :shock:)
Anyway she stopped contact after he had been seeing her for 2 years and he went to a solicitor and had a case for court and was told any judge would stamp his parental resposibilty order which would them give him 50/50 right with his ex.
She still doesnt want him on the bith certificate but he was awarded parental responsibilty which means we get his daughter with us half the week and he is now able to go and add himself to the birth certificate, no need for his ex to tag along.

I am not saying this is the route your situation will go but if your ex is persistant and does want to be involved he could well do the same and especially if its from birth i can't see him being told different to my husband.
I know it may not be what you want and i obviously dont know your history with him but the info above is just what happened to us.

If there is a reason you dont want your ex seeing the baby maybe get legal advice over it first before doing anything which could land you in a bit of bother xxx

Im not sure about england but in scotland the father has to be WITH you when you register the birth, as in, at the office.

As far as your new boyfriend, for him to be on the birth certificate he would need to legally adopt your LO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back