Christmas

Flame

Reaction score
I know its early but i cant decide what to do. Last year it was DS first christmas and my mum asked that we stay home for it so she could see him and my oh's parents came to stay here. This year i feel that i probably have to go to oh's parents just to make it fair,(plus ds's grandparents would probably like to spend a christmas with him and they are quite old now) the problem is my parents dont travel and wont stay with my oh's parents and my mum would sulk if she couldnt spend christmas with him where his parents will and do travel. I dont get on with the mil after about a day also so would be a stressful week.

I would prefer to just go away maybe and spend it with me my son and kris to save argument but we cant afford to.

What to do?

What sort of topic line is that?!?!?!?!

Christmas? No, that's MILES off :shhh: :talkhand:

Not sure what I would do in your situation but I hope you come up with something that suits everyone :hug:

I wish it were miles off, we are absolutely broke at the moment and i am starting to worry about where we... sorry i am going to get the money for all the presents?! there wont be half as many this year as last year, yet Leif will understand it that little bit more this year :(

It's never to early to plan christmas.

We are in a Similar situation. We live a 4 hour drive from OH's parents and last year was Summers first christmas so I wanted to stay at home.
The inlaws run a pub and hotel in Essex and are always booked at christmas so they were
too busy anyway but this year I'm guessing they will want to see Summer on christmas day but I want to stay and spend it with my parents because I dont think they will want to
go up there.
There is going to have to be some compramising (sp?) some where.

We're in a sort of similar situation hun, My OH's parents live 2hrs away and my parents are like 5 mins. My parents wouldn't mind if we went to the inlaws for Christmas but I feel guilty because every other year my Step-sister is here for Christmas eve to Boxing day and the years in between my Step-brother goes there and then they both come back boxing day so that means my Mum's alone with just my Brother for Christmas eve and Christmas day (My stepdad in security at the airport so his shifts work out that he works Christmas eve and Christmas day every other year) so that makes me feel guilty and want to spend it there with them cause I can't bare the thought of them being alone for Christmas but then I like to be there when my Step-sister is there too so Its a big palava here lol. Last year we had Christmas at ours so everyone came to us. It depends on whats happening with OH's Granny as his Grandad died 2 weeks ago but I think we're gonna have Christmas on our own this year (well I hope it works out like that - saves any arguements) & go to my parents for Christmas dinner on boxing day (as my Step-dad is working Christmas day :( ) and then go to the inlaws for new year. Could you not do a similar thing?

We probably could but i think it all comes down to both the grandmothers wanting to see Leif open his presents christmas morning. I have started to look into going away for christmas but its looking to be far to expensive.

I think they either need to fit around your plans or not at all. You are his parents and it should be your time getting to see him open his presents.

The best way to save an argument is to just say you want to have a family Christmas with the three of you, then arrange to do Boxing Day with one set of parents (the ones who are closest) and New Year with the other set, who can travel. That way your LO gets three Christmas Day's and nobody has a right to complain. Be firm, it's your choice and nobody has a right to sulk.

That's what I'd do.

I'm planning Christmas already. I've just been to a second hand toy sale and bought a whole load of stuff for my kids for just £15! It's never too early to start planning it.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I wonder if our parents realise how much stress we go through trying to make THEM happy at christmas???????????

In an ideal world it would be lovely if EVERYONE could be there to watch our littleuns open their pressies but lets be realistic and 99% of the time it just aint gonna happen?
what did our parents do at xmas? we used to have xmas at home and the grandparents came to us, plus we didnt have our pressies til after dinner so everyone could join in and not be worrying bout the potatos or sprouts!!!!

I'd love to spend xmas in UK with my family this year but not sure if we can afford the flights again this year. for Matildas 1st xmas we stayed at home, my parents were in UK and Inlaws were invited for dinner (who live in same village!!!!), they declined! :roll: and then just MIL came round in afternoon.
if we dont go to UK this year i will do the same.

Do what you feel comfortable with and if anyone says anything ask them how they got round the same dilemma when you were small!

We are going to open madames presents and our own at home then go down to my parents ( a whole 2seconds away ) for dinner, shes an ACE roast dinner cook lol! And then begrudgingly be dragged to PIL after dinner :wall:

Its my dads birthday aswell on Boxing day so have to schedule that in too :shakehead: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back