Christmas day menu..

thanks sherlock

do you put anything on the duck or in the tray to start off with?or do you just put the duck in n thats it?do i cook it like 20mins per lb or something like that?and after how long do i take the foil off?i dont really cook whole birds often i usually buy the bits i need. do you haveany prefeerences on duck breed for roasting?

I always cook a breakfast of some sort

Then...

No Starter - main is more than enough :D

Main
*Turkey - Im with SarahH...I dont think its dry either!! Not sure Il enjoy it as much as last yr though, I was pregnant and craved Turkey, I ate it for days and wanted a ceremony to bury the carcus as I was so sad Id eaten it all :rotfl: :rotfl:
*An array of steamed veg - carrots, brussels, cauliflower and also peas
*Roasted Parsnips
*Sarahs Amazing Roast Potatoes cooked in Goose Fat << these are orgasmic
*Yummy Country Chipolatas from the butchers wrapped in smoked streaky bacon
*Chestnut Stuffing - From M&S - this is soooooooo gorgeous!!!!!!! They only sell it at xmas time :cry:
*Gravy
*Yorkshires

Afters

No idea yet - deffo not Xmas Pudding or Xmas Cake as they are gross but probably something like Strawberry Pavlova or Mandarins with Cream

After After

Copius amounts of wine and a snooze

Tillytots said:
After After

Copius amounts of wine and a snooze

I'm with ya there!!! Being able to drink this xmas will be brill :D

We are going out to a pub for dinner this year. So i will sit in luxury being waited on. They charge a £10.00 cover for bubs mind you, im going to ask for a doggy bag for her

man i'm sooooo hungry reading this thread!

Mums cooking (shes a chef) so it will be lush.

There was practically a christmas mutany when she suggested roast duck...its christmas and turkey is essential!!

dont know the rest of the menu, but i know shes been making all the jams, glazes, pickles etrc for a bit now.

she'll do a large glazed ham for the eve too and will make her own scotch eggs, suasage rolls etc, the bread and all the trimmings...she even makes her own sausages! the eggs and veg are home-reared and she'll go and pick the turkey whilst its still running about!

dh's mum will supply homemade xmas pud, think its one thats a few years old so it'll be good.

will take my mat jeans for extra space!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back