choosing names

trixipaws

Reaction score
omg i found it a hellish chore! not coz i couldnt think of any i liked, but that my boyf and i couldnt agree. until i was over 35 weeks pregnant all the names i loved he hated and all the names he suggested were bloody awful! from 19 weeks when we found out the sex we said if we couldnt agree by the time she was born we would call her amy, because altho neither of us were crazy about it at least one of us didnt hate it! but i didnt really want my daughter to hav a name that i just liked and didnt REALLY like so for the next 16 weeks i kept suggesting more- each was met with :puke: from him! and vice versa! thats why i hated the whole business! anyway finally i remembered one i'd forgotten about and suggested it- and 2 my suprise he liked it :cheer:

We went through a baby name site one evening and started A through to Z for both boy and girl names and wrote down ones that we both thought were ok, ie neither of us particularly hated. They then stayed on our list and some were obviously better than others so we knocked the crap ones off the list...

We were convinced he/she would be called Ashley/Ashleigh but when he was born he just didn't look like one so the following day we decided Ryan. It was actually on our list but not one that either of us had really thought a lot about until he was born and it just suited him.

we both love a boys name and had chosen it before i was pregnant, we also like a few other boys names so if we had more than one boy we would be ok

girls are another story :roll: i like a couple of names and the OH doesnt mind them but im not as mad on um as i am on the boys name we have :x

ahh well i guess we have loads of time to decide

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
ive had enough of trying to decide!!!!!
we have a few in mind but we have now decided we are just going to wait and see what he looks like when he arrives!!!! i had no problems for girls names but boys names im finding it really hard :wall: :wall:

My daughter is called Imogen Dakota, but from 18 weeks pregnant she was Phoebe Rose! and about a week before she was born my oh fessed up andsaid he idnt like it, so we made alist and said we would deide when she was born.

Keeley was Keeley-Paige from 20 weeks pregnant.. my ex liked the name Keeley and i liked the name Paige so we put them together :)

We pretty much agreed on the girls name straight away- Sophie, we both loved it! But we couldnt agree on the boys name. I kept suggesting names but OH didnt like them but wasnt suggesting any himself so I said to him if you dont suggest something (and I like it) then the boys name will be Jake (a name he 'kinda' felt ok with :roll: ) and so it was :D

We just can't agree on anything, it's one of the hardest desisions we've ever had to make together and it's a nightmare to be honest!

I have always liked Riley and suggested it again to hubby last night. He said "Well it's one of the better ones you have suggested"... so hopefully thats a sign that we're making pogress :lol:

We both loved Constance and it was always going to be our girl's name from when we found out I was pregnant. However, BEFORE I was pregnant it was always going to be Elizabeth if we had a girl.

We have been in total agreement throughout really which is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back