Chocolate during pregnancy

lewydoo

Reaction score
I am new to this site and I hope someone will be able to help me. I am 16+5 weeks pregnant and have always had a sweet tooth. I got a bit carried away tonight watching tv and ate a huge 200g bar of white chocolate (the Dream bar). I am feeling really guilty now and so scared that I might have harmed our baby. I have heard conflicting reports whether white chocolate contains caffeine so am totally confused. Very worried though and annoyed with myself.

Don't worry it won't effect baby at all.

I gave up caffine, and switched to decaff only cause I got a bit paranoid after a Misscarridge, and I did drink ALOT of Tea but they say you can have a couple of cups of tea or one cofee etc daily I believe (check on google) . I do still eat chocky tho, as I don't eat it all the time. The only thing it might have done was make baby jump about and be active for a bit on the extra suger .

Don't worry, enjoy your chocky X

I have had so much more than 200g in one go... I can't stop eating chocolate at the moment, and haven't had any problems! Some days I still also have a few cups of coffee and haven't had any bad effects so I wouldn't worry at all!

According to a study done in Finland women who eat chocolate during pregnancy have happier babies!

Dont worry about this i gave up coffee now it makes it sick lol i can drink tea thou.But when ever i have some choclate i think the baby is having a sugar rush because she kicks me like a dont know what...I have always had a sweet tooth and i went off choclate its only rececently its come back

im agreeing with the girls - dont worry about it! i eat runny eggs, drink coffee, and just generally do everything i shoudnt and i have a healthy pregnancy so far, and i so would love to eat all that chocolate! i may just do that later :) x

im agreeing with the girls - dont worry about it! i eat runny eggs, drink coffee, and just generally do everything i shoudnt and i have a healthy pregnancy so far, and i so would love to eat all that chocolate! i may just do that later :) x

I have a big bag of minstrones mmmmm gonna eat these when i watch eastenders hehe :whistle:

Can't get enough chocolate! Have switched to milk choc instead of dark though as not as much caffeine. That's my idea of being good!

I have a big bag of minstrones mmmmm gonna eat these when i watch eastenders hehe :whistle:

Hee hee, minstrones... The soup or minstrels?! I keep getting words wrong... I accused my husband of trying to give me semolina from egg shell in my scrambled egg at the weekend, it was only when he pointed out i was having egg not rice pudding that i realised what i'd said!!

Last edited:

Hee hee, minstrones... The soup or minstrels?! I keep getting words wrong... I accused my husband of trying to give me semolina from egg shell in my scrambled egg at the weekend, it was only when he pointed out i was having egg not rice pudding that i realised what i'd said!!

hahaha and i mean minstrones also found out choclate can give you heartburn:oooo:

I've given up tea and coffee so that I can eat loads of chocolate! Can't get enough!

I still have about 4 cups of coffee a day i have made them weaker than normal but as far as im concerned I gave up smoking thats good enough I am not giving up caffeine as well my mum smoked drank tea & coffee through all four of pregnancies and we are all healthy adults so i think its all just crap to be honest

ive never even thought about how much caffiene ive been taking in and midwife has never mentioned it once so i do wonder how seriously we should take the caffiene guidelines to be honest....

hahaha and i mean minstrones also found out choclate can give you heartburn:oooo:

So the soup?! I've not heard of minstrones??!

I think read something recently about ladies who eat choccy when pregnant are at less risk of pre-eclampsia too :)

I read that too Sol... That's good enough for me!

I bet another statistic is; Any OH of a pregnant lady , who continues to eat chocky during pregnancy, will suffer less too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back