Child tax credits

Flame

Reaction score
Not sure whether i have put this in the right place or not.

When i am filling out the working tax credits form it asks how many hours i work.
Do i put in 40 hours even though i will be going back part time? Or do i put in what hours i will be going back at? (which i wont know for months).

If your mat pay is based on 40 hours then put 40 but if not wait till your salary and hours are adjusted.
Hope that helps.

Did you get your surestart grant?

Surestart grant?

I thought you had to be claiming benefits for that?

Thats what I thought but I dont claim anything except my tax credits and I got it. It all comes down to income and what your tax credit award is like. Try applying for it anyway, all they can do is knock you back.

I think you have 3 months after the birth of the baby.

I think it's based on what you worked in the last tax year? So how ever many hours you worked then? Could be wrong though. It's a horrible form, it took me 2 weeks to fill it in!

Im sure its based on what you work in the year we are in so that will be 2007 - 2008.
Its a tricky form. The first year we filled it in wrong but we got it wrong the right way and ended up with a lump sum as we told them we made way more than we actually did.

The best thing would be to phone them Some are helpfull and some arent so if you dont find the perso helpfull phone back for someone else.

Tax credits are worked out on the previous tax year!!!!
xx

leeste16 said:
Tax credits are worked out on the previous tax year!!!!
xx

So they calculate what you and partner earned the previous year when both on full pay and issue tax credits based on that even tho you will be taking home £112 per week through Maternity Pay??

I think that is just silly - and the government right over the back!! :twisted: :roll:

Laura xx

Because I already have a child whom I am getting credit for... I had to tell them my estimated pay for the year 2007-8 e.g. before maternity leave and when I'm on maternity leave. I asked my employer to give me an idea so I could do it.

They also said I should ring up to tell them when the new baby is born.

I'm getting taxed the full amount on my maternity pay. I am unlikely to get a refund until 2009. It sucks. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back