Chickenpox!

Florajoy

Reaction score
Hi everyone! So I am supposed to be going to my mums for Xmas day but my little 6yro sister has just got chickenpox!!!! Would it still be safe to go!?! I don't think I have had it before! X

Best not!! I weren't sure if I had them or not either, so I had a blood test after being in contact with my niece who had them. The test showed I hadn't, so I had an injection, which would protect me for a while.

Ask your midwife. My daughter got it last week. I phone my mw straight away. She looked at my blood results from my earlier bloods and saw straight away whether I was immune. I was so had nothing to worry about, but think there are things you can do if you're not!
Xxx

Ask your midwife. My daughter got it last week. I phone my mw straight away. She looked at my blood results from my earlier bloods and saw straight away whether I was immune. I was so had nothing to worry about, but think there are things you can do if you're not!
Xxx

I wish my midwife did that. I just got told to go doc's.

I work in a school and a child in my class had them and midwife said best to avoid if possible, but much more important to steer clear if you've never had them apparently. I would get your immunity checked at your GPs. xxx

Hey hun if you have had it before you will be fine, if not I would be cautious. I was around my best friend when she had it and ive had them in childhood and I was perfectly fine. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back