Chickenpox!

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Florajoy, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Florajoy

Florajoy Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! So I am supposed to be going to my mums for Xmas day but my little 6yro sister has just got chickenpox!!!! Would it still be safe to go!?! I don't think I have had it before! X

2. masonowen

masonowen Well-Known Member

Best not!! I weren't sure if I had them or not either, so I had a blood test after being in contact with my niece who had them. The test showed I hadn't, so I had an injection, which would protect me for a while.

3. So_hopeful81

So_hopeful81 Well-Known Member

Ask your midwife. My daughter got it last week. I phone my mw straight away. She looked at my blood results from my earlier bloods and saw straight away whether I was immune. I was so had nothing to worry about, but think there are things you can do if you're not!
    Xxx

4. masonowen

masonowen Well-Known Member

I wish my midwife did that. I just got told to go doc's.

5. hellywelly

hellywelly Well-Known Member

I work in a school and a child in my class had them and midwife said best to avoid if possible, but much more important to steer clear if you've never had them apparently. I would get your immunity checked at your GPs. xxx

6. AndreaJayne

AndreaJayne Well-Known Member

Hey hun if you have had it before you will be fine, if not I would be cautious. I was around my best friend when she had it and ive had them in childhood and I was perfectly fine. xxx