Chickenpox

SuziQ

Reaction score
One of the guys at work just told me that his son has got Chickenpox and he wanted to let me know, as I am pregnant...

I've already had chickenpox, and its unlikey for me to get it again.. BUT does anyone know IF I was to get it, does it cause any harm to bubs?

I am avoiding this guy anyhow, and I don't sit next to him.. so.. fingers crossed!!

x

My neice got chicken pox when i was pregnant with keeley and my midwife advised me to stay away from her :)

I would ring your midwife or gp just to check... they do like to change there advice lol

my mum had chicken pox when she was pregnant with my sister and still had them when she was giving birth. She obviously felt rotten but it didnt harm my sister at all. Saying that best to steer clear of them even though im sure you wont catch anything as you have already had it

My OH got chicken pox at the beginning of my pregnancy.

I have had chicken pox as a child so according to info i researched it meant i was highly unlikely to contract it again. If i remember correctly it can be harmful if contracted in the later stages of pregnancy.

If you are unsure of your immunity to chicken pox, they can test you at the docs.

Best thing to do is to call the doctors this will put your mind at rest hun.
xx

I watched a programme recently which said chicken pox can be very dangerous in pregnancy, and that it was also a myth that you can't get it again, because it can resurface as shingles which is the exact same virus. I think I have already had CP, but I would definitely still stay away from anyone with it whilst I'm pregnant. You just cant be too sure, a friend of mine had shingles and she was very sick for months and nearly lost her sight. Read this BUPA article on shingles/chicken pox..

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/Mosby_factsheets/shingles.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back