• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

chicken or not!!

rainbow dancer

Reaction score
sorry me again!! lucy has been trying solids for about 4 weeks now. she has puree fruit in the morning and purre veg in the evening. she is 3 weeks of being 6 months old and i was wondering if i could give her a little amount of chicken in with the veg for a new taste?. i must admit to giving her 2 jars that have the meat in them and she loved it!! do u think its ok or wait?i dont know if it makes a difference but she would be almost 6 months if she was born on due date? thanks in advance xx

Not sure. I know there are a few jars out there, stage 1 from 4 months, that have chicken in them? I was a bit worried to try Oz on them before 6 months but if they have manufactured them for 4 months they must be ok really?

I would've thought that the worst thing to happen would be diarrhoea/constipation, or a rash round her mouth so if you really want to try it then maybe give her some and then leave it for a couple of days to see if it does anything to her digestive system iykwim?
Lizzie had loads of things before 6 months, mainly due to Grandad sneaking her things behind my back! I was really worried once when she was about 4 months cos she had a massive rash on her thigh and when I mentioned it to him he was like 'oh that's probably the strawberries and cream she had earlier' (!)

I gave Isla chicken at 6 months, in a home made puree. The only thing you can do is try xx

The baby book my hubby was reading the other night said we could start on chicken, and mine's younger than yours, lol!

Thanks ladies after all that I just gave her some puree veg but will give her some chicken soon!! Thanks for the advice xx

I started meat and fish as soon as we got to 6 months,because of what I'd read this time tound, but sure I did my other kids earlier than that, never had any reaction from meat yet, like Becky said, strawberry yoghurt did more on the rash front round his face!!

I wouldn't until 6 month, I learned no meat until 6 month so would never risk.or rush it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back