?????

Becksss

Reaction score
what else can i give Riley to eat
shes 6 months
been weaning since 4 months
she has 7oz milk in morn n 7oz milk b4 bed of follow up milk makin it the 1 pint they need a day
in mornin she has pureed fruit and lunch & dinner its fish n veg or chicken n veg homemade like and a petit filous
but thats getting boring dont u think lol
when do i start introducing finger foods?
and what else could i give her for lunch n dinner to make it more exciting lol

oh and she has about 2-3oz of milk with breakfast

i give luke pretty much the same although he has toast as a finger food in the morning when i eat mine with flora on. then for snack time pre dinner i give him rice cakes with philidelphia or dairylea on.

he also has mashed bananna mixed with fruit puree as trying to introduce lumps.

she can have ready brek and weetabix cereals now for brekkie also.

give her sticks of cheese, sticks of cooked carrots.

my top tip keep them really upright when giving finger food, learnt that the hard way :talkhand:

what about cauliflour cheese or introducing red meat like bolognase for dinner.

hope this helps x

she has all that already
apart from cheese sticks and carrot sticks i will try them tomorrow
the thing is her food is seperate from mine cos im on weight watchers everything has to be carefully measured n pointed out haha
so like i make all her stuff seperate
every veg u can imagine like she has but if i buy mine meat and make her a boloesge sauce and make that all up it will be ok for her
i used 2 make a mean spag bol but since weight watchers no :(
lol

becks she can have fingerfoods now. ive been giving evie finger foods for about 3 or 4 weeks now and shes a bit younger than Riley. She loves toast, naan bread, rusks to hold herself. She has had other stuff like, strawberries, carrot sticks,cucumber sticks,melon, apples,tomatoes and rice cakes but she loses intrest quickly :roll: .

I even gave her a prawn cracker and one chip the other day and she loved them :lol: .

Does she end up eating most of it? i gave riley jam on toast she sucked all jam off and most of the toast ended upon floor it cant be good if they end up not eating most of it?

depends what it is, she eats most of the breadlike stuff but i just give her dry toast,she will devour the rusks. the other stuff like carrot and that she tend just to play with then throw on the floor :roll: . She does put stuff up the her mouth though but tries to chew gets bored and then just plays with it in her hands. i wouldnt expect her to eat too much at this stage though, i just give her stuf just to get used to feeling the food and helping her hand to mouth co-ordination :D .

rileys very gooa at hand co ordination n all that
she has 3 annabel karmel food tray cubes atm and eats all that and a petis filous n if i started giving her this finger foods she wuldnt really eat wuld she lol
ah man im confuddled ill give cheese a try i have got rusks but i 4get i have them being in the cupboard n that lmfao

little*red said:
I even gave her a prawn cracker and one chip the other day and she loved them :lol: .

alice is the same! she grabs them from my hand, and they are gone in seconds!!!!!!!

now she is over 6 months she can have almost everything! watch the salt & sugar content of meals, and ive been told to avoid the normal (nuts, raw honey, undercooked eggs - the kinda thing you where told to avoid when pg).

i went down the baby led route, so im not sure how to move from smooth to lumps etc, but i recon if you offered her a few finger foods, and then gave her food after she had finished with them (for alice it was mostly play to start with), i recon that could work. that way you know she is starting to feed herself / get used to it all, but you know she is still getting food because you are 'topping her up' at the end. if that makes any sence :think:

Just be careful with strawberries before she is one, hun, they can cause terrible allergies in infants, i am told by doctors here. they make a real fuss about it :shock:

Lisa

mamichuli said:
Just be careful with strawberries before she is one, hun, they can cause terrible allergies in infants, i am told by doctors here. they make a real fuss about it :shock:

Lisa

i was told to only be overly worried if you had an allergy when you where a baby :think: . I know someone who did, so avoided giving her bub them, but gave her baby strawberry yog once, and she reacted. oh and i was told just because they don't react the first time they have something new, doesn't mean they won't the 2nd time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back