CHEESECAKE, as promised!

petchy

Reaction score
for the base
1 normal size pack of digestive biccies (or use choc chip cookies for a change!)
about 100 grammes of butter or margarine

melt the butter, crumble the biccies, mix and press into a round sprung cake tin, the type that comes apart. cover the bottom bit with greaseproof paper to make it easier if you want to transfer the cake to a nice plate afterwards! place in fridge to harden while you make the filling.

for the filling
1 normal size pack of plain philadelphia cheese
1 pack of jelly, any flavour you want, but the jelly squares are better than the powder!
just enough boiling water to dissolve the jelly (3-4 tablespoons-ish)
1 tub of whipping cream, about 300 ml i believe?

- whip the cream to soft peaks
- make up the jelly with the 3-4 tbs water (ignore the packet instructions!)
- mix the dissolved jelly (whilst still hot) and the philly cheese to a smooth finish
- mix the philly + jelly mixture with the whipped cream

now just pour the filling onto the base and leave in the fridge until it has set, probably a couple of hours at least. the filling will look runny to start with, but DON'T panic, the jelly will make it set!

sorry about the inaccurate measurements, i don't use recipes very often and this is one i made up about 6 or 7 years back which has proved a huge success!

I am addicted to the Heinz cheesecakes just now, Strawberry Swirl. Thanks for the recipe Petchy, looks scrummy. xxx

sounds wonderful - I will try that.

I make one with the same base and then a mixture of philadelphia, double cream, lemon juice and caster sugar for the topping.........very nice but REALLY unhealthy!! Good for your calcium levels during pregnancy though :wink:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Cannot get a decent cheesecake out here, was getting desperate!

Claudine xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back