Cheeky question...how much did your wedding cost?

is there something your not telling us Nicki?! :lol:
we want 2 get married next august and the church is costing 500 (not sure about anything else yet), I think a registry office costs about 200. If you set yourself a budget you can make it stretch, thats what were trying to do.
I love a good wedding! (hints for an invite :lol: :lol: )

Sarah&Braydon said:
[quote="Gem & Leland":k9xvzso5]about 4k !

dress's suits etc 1k
venue and fee's 1k
food 1k
bits and bobs 500
honeymoon in kenya 500

we had a converted barn in suffolk , got married in one room and partied in the next :cheer: best day of my life and it couldnt have been better even if we spent 24k

where in suffolk was that hun ?[/quote:k9xvzso5]

Was it Haughley Park Barns? I went to a wedding there in May and it was lovely :D

NickyB said:
I'm too shy to share a pic :oops:

Aww :( I wanna see :D

I got married in 2000 in a registry office and it probably cost around £500 or less for everything. My mum paid for most of it and MIL and FIL helped out too. Alls it cost us was the registry office fees.

were getting married in Cyprus 09 and we have an 11k budget, actuall wedding is about 6k thats for 1 week in 5* hotel for us 3, Hiring out the venue, Meze for 50-60 ppl, dresses (mine and bridesmaids) suits (Groom, bestman and DS) cars, cake, flowers, church and the photographer (which is the most at £1200)

the rest is going on an expensive honeymoon, 2 weeks of bliss..............somewhere, we cant decide where lol

we were always going to have a big wedding as both OH and i have large families. but we also hoped that my mum would still be with us and i wanted a large party with everyone there. in the end there were 200+ guests, but my mum died just 6 weeks before.

i loved organising our wedding. i made all the invitations, orders of service and the favours, and my band played the reception so we saved another £2k there :D my friends also did a string quartet for me on our arrival at the reception venue.

costs were approx £16000 in total - and we ended up spending another £5k-ish on our honeymoon; we hadn't actually planned on going away anywhere as mum had been too poorly and we didn't want to leave her. but after she died, we decided that the break would be a good thing and we spent 2 weeks in anguilla - the epitome of paradise...

at the church
Image030.jpg

IMG008.jpg

our gorgeous chocolate & fruit cake
DSCN2248.jpg

me & OH singing with my band
2006-05-15DCATLweek17057.jpg

We had a small family only (and my best mate) do.

Got married at Truro registry office then took everyone off to a plush hotel in St Mawes for a meal and put them up for the night.

My dress cost £20 from TKMaxx (not a wedding dress), best mate made our lovely chocolate wedding cake and drove ourselves in my white van!
Total cost of the wedding, for 20 guests, was around £5K, including honeymoon. :D

About £16,000 - seems crazy when you think about it but it was the best day of my life and wouldn't change it for the world :dance:

Ours cost around 9K back in 2001 had a big white wedding.

Just short of £3000. we had a lovely day, got hitched at registery office at 11:00am, then went to grange park golf club for photos, 3 course meal, then had a disco at night.

maternity dress £250
shoes £30
tiara £6
jewelry £15
shrug £50
bridesmaids dresses £160
mens suits £200
balloons £250
cake free (MIL made)
food £1500
flowers £50
rings £150

sorry how big the pics are

plus other bits n bobs you tend to forget about!
ClairePeteswedding068.jpg

ClairePeteswedding049.jpg

ClairePeteswedding025.jpg

ClairePeteswedding038.jpg

about £8k back in 2003 - we had a traditional church wedding followed by a reception for about 50 for the sit downmeal and more at night (can' remember how many). The band was great - done a bit of everything including a ceilidh which was crazy.

A large chunk of this went on our honeymoon though, 2 weeks at a Sandals hotel in Jamaica it was absolutley fabby :D

Ours was about 6.5k - we had a church wedding, sit down meal in a hotel for about 50 and an evening buffet and disco for about 100 people - was a brilliant day!

DPP_02-05-07_0202.jpg

we had planned to get married here next july and it was about 20K

my dad was going to be paying so a few months ago we went and spoke to him and we decided it was too much stress and hassle as our house is completed next year too so we are now going to Jamaica and costs to dad are only 9K so we saved him 11!!!

Went away to gretna and got married ! total cost £500 !! and upsetting our friends and family for not telling them ! but they soon got over it ! after a few drinks !! LOL

We kept ours as low budget as possible. I think it cost around €5500 (around £4400) not including the honeymoon. If we include that then we spent a total of €11500 (just over £9100). We paid for everything ourselves, so we could decide what we wanted and didn't want for our wedding. We didn't need anyone meddling in with the wedding. Our wedding didn't have a theme because we didn't want one. We had our reception/party on a sail boat (maximum capacity 125 people, but we only had 60 on board) and sailed around for 4.5 hours. We didn't have a band or DJ, so all our music was on CDs. It was fantastic :D

You dont want to know :D

My wedding was in the Daily Express as I went so much over my budget!! :rotfl:

Ours must have come to around £20k including honeymoon (we went to Vegas for 5 days and then on to San Francisco). We didn't scrimp on anything, and because of that we are still paying for it now and will be for a few years.

BUT... I can honestly say that I would not have changed anything for the world. I had everything I wanted. In the end pretty much all of our guests were there day and night. We had a 5 course meal, we supplied the booze so there was endless amounts. We also made sure there was a free bar up until 11pm. We wanted everyone to enjoy their selves as much as we did. Everyone says it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to, but they probably say that to everyone :rotfl:

We got married in a Church, and then had our reception at Hylands House which was lovely as it was run down when I was a kid, and they have restored it so well, it felt quite personal.

We got married in December, it was lovely having a winter wedding. I am not really a summer person so it suited us well. We ended up having glorious sunshine!

Our cake came from Waitrose.

Ummm think thats about it. Here's a few pics :oops:

2081515270_b69289f38b_m.jpg

2081562616_99ae3b89a0_m.jpg

2080765577_bfdf98e9ed_m.jpg

2080825769_d9f4709d3f_m.jpg

2080838101_d6a131130c.jpg

2081638358_e165c31469_m.jpg

2080881115_ceafc09dc1.jpg

2080872953_5cd9b8c690_m.jpg

2081685796_c74de1dca8.jpg

EllieBelle said:

:think: I remeber reading something about the average cost of a wedding being £17000.... one couple spent nearly a £100k on their wedding though... was it you!?! :D

EllieBelle said:

You can't just leave it like that, I want to hear all about your wedding day and see some pics. If must have been some wedding if it was in a national paper. Go on tell us more, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Bexie said:
EllieBelle said:

You can't just leave it like that, I want to hear all about your wedding day and see some pics. If must have been some wedding if it was in a national paper. Go on tell us more, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Ok Girls.....my wedding budget was £16,000 and I managed to spend £60,000 - if you say it quick then its not so bad :D .

All that said we were both in very well paid jobs at the time. We got married at Sudeley Castle (where Liz Hurley got married), and it was the most special and memorable day of my life!! Everything was absolutely perfect. The final budget did include my enagagement ring and the honeymoon (she says trying to justify it all). Im not into designer anything, I just wanted my wedding day to be the fairytale wedding I had always wanted...........and it was.

http://www.express.co.uk/features/view/14021

liza027.jpg

liza019.jpg

liza1321.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member