• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cheeky question...how much did your wedding cost?

waw now thats a dress!! :D

unfortunatly i dont look like that anymore hahahha.. :( never mind have photos to look bakc on :D

I didnt get married but I planned one and it was costing around £6000 max!
I changed my name and title by deed poll and in October we are having a 10 year anniversary party anyways so got the piece of paper, new name and party for about £300 :rotfl:

Less than £200
Dress was £75, jewellery £12, hair £20, and then the fee for the registry office which i can't remember but wasn't more than £50. DH wore his work uniform so that was free.
We had a lovely day in a beautiful setting and i wouldn't change it for the world.

aramintalovegrove said:
Sea fairy that dress is LUSH!!!

thank you x

Its hung up in the spare room, hubby is refusing to allow me to sell it!!

Foxxi said:
We got married in Cyprus... Total cost us £2500 that was for 2 week holiday for 2 of us staying and getting married in 4+ star hotel..champagne reception and buffet for 23 guests and later on a sit down meal for 23 guests.. outfits and flowers!

That cost didnt include the rings :oops:

P1060058.jpg

that background is stunning, you look so happy

xx

Thanx sea-fairy!

And your dress is gorgeous! :)

:eek: i think we'll be going abroad when the time comes!!

£8K in 2004. It was Christmas eve so we had to pay everyone a little bit more.

Civil ceremony in Linlithgow Palace from 12 - 4pm. xxx

Gretna Green wedding, cost about £1200?! Not sure, I'll work it out:

Wedding rings £600
My purple dress £150
Jim's brown suit £60
Ceremony and room for us and OH's parents £300
Makeup and hair £40
Photographer £100

Yeah, about £1300 I think. Have some gratuitous pictures:

n502067168_54681_9777.jpg

n502067168_54702_6848.jpg

n502067168_54707_8048.jpg

We got married in 2006, in a converted barn in a beautiful private estate in the New Forest. The barn was rustic, but kind of modern with about 80 day guests. We had a pretty marquee within their walled garden with a further 40 evening guests.

We saved money by having a very talented friend do our pictures, which were amazing, and my Gran made and decorated our cake. We spent £12000 on it all, gifts, suits and dresses, cars etc.

It was the best day of my life, so it was worth it, but I can imagine a million ways in which I could do it again but cheaper!

Best places to spend the money are photography and the DJ/entertainment IMO.

I'm too shy to share a pic :oops:

im getting married in september 09 and so far, we have booked the hotel having a civil ceremony, for the actual ceremony, 60 to a 3 course meal, 100 to eveing buffet, and hire of the hotel will cost just over 5 thousand, dj is cost £50 as DF uncle is doing it, cake nothing as DF nan is doing :D thats as far as we got so far :D

Oh and make sure you have decent food!!

Decent food = happy guests! Can't tell you how many weddings I've been to where the sit down meal has been nice but then the buffet for the evening guests has been pants!

Some pics from my day!

wedding.jpg

wedding1.jpg

wedding2.jpg

i got married last august at sheffield registry office and had 3 bridsmaids and it cost us just less than £500

Omg i DREAD planning a wedding

Lets hope its a long time away!!!!!!!!!!!

:D Yay thankyou for all your replies! And all the pictures!

about 4k !

dress's suits etc 1k
venue and fee's 1k
food 1k
bits and bobs 500
honeymoon in kenya 500

we had a converted barn in suffolk , got married in one room and partied in the next :cheer: best day of my life and it couldnt have been better even if we spent 24k

Gem & Leland said:
about 4k !

dress's suits etc 1k
venue and fee's 1k
food 1k
bits and bobs 500
honeymoon in kenya 500

we had a converted barn in suffolk , got married in one room and partied in the next :cheer: best day of my life and it couldnt have been better even if we spent 24k

where in suffolk was that hun ?

We're planning our wedding atm for June 2009. Budget is £3k. We're having a civil ceremony in a hotel with a 4 course sit down meal for around 50, so they'll be no honeymoon, cars, photographer etc. Planning on putting disposable cameras on the tables so the guests can take piccies for us.

I've got my dress already, £63 ebay ex shop sample, will get it altered nearer the time. We've booked the venue and registrar, and have got the save the date cards printed so far. Sending them out is my job for this week.

We've been together for 8 years and engaged for 4 and a half years but have been putting the actual wedding off due to the cost and stress. The time is flying by and I'm getting a bit worried about it already! I'm really excited though, it's just a shame it takes so much effort and planning!

aramintalovegrove said:
sea-fairy said:
aramintalovegrove said:
Sea fairy that dress is LUSH!!!

thank you x

Its hung up in the spare room, hubby is refusing to allow me to sell it!!

I would pay to have it hanging in my spare room :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I asked him tonight if I could do a TTD in it but told no! I said what is it gonna sit there looking pretty for years then, he replied nope you can wear it again when we renew our vows in a couple years! :shock: :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back