• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cheeky question...how much did your wedding cost?

nickilubs

Reaction score
:wave: Hello,

Just wondering if your married how much did your wedding cost you? And what type of wedding did you have? :D Thanks xx

hiya

we had a civil ceremony at the National Maritime Museum in falmouth, then a reception in Truro, the whole thing was about 3 and a half grand in total
We did everything on the cheap though..

My dress a ebay X sample bargain..RRP £1575 and I paid £150, flowers were silk, shoes were in the sale, BM dressed herself, his suit was free as we hired 3 others,
Invites we made ourselves,
the museum as it was new to weddings was only £235 to hire, budget all the way: result one amazing day!!

xx

My wedding cost about 8k (back in 2004) and we had a civil ceremony at Ridley Hall

We had a fantastic day and did some things on the cheap but other things didn't compromise on.

Got married at 4:00pm
Photos at 4:45
Tea and Scones at 5:30
Knife & Fork Buffet at 7:30
Disco!

eeeek....

Ours was quiet alot... not sure of the exact figure but I would guess it cost approx £20k-£25k.

we had ours at the reg office and we all went to the pub afterwards it was only small about 15 guests
cost us including outfits about £500 :)
xx

just under 10k.we had a church wedding,morning suits,antique roll royce,etc etc.we had about 300 people to the day and evening doo.the afternoon reception was a sit down 5 course meal in a hotel and the evening doo was the same hotel and disco/buffet.we had a fab day and night and everyone stayed over too in the hotel so we met up for brekky :D

Ours cost £7000. (2001)

Rough break down -
£3000 for venue and food
£1000 drink
£3000 for cars/photos/dress/wedding party outfits/flowers/favours/gifts etc etc etc

Not the cheapest, but far from the most expensive I've been too or heard of.

We had a civil ceremony at The Pittville Pump Rooms in Cheltenham, http://www.pittvillepumproom.org.uk/followed by a hot, self service meal. (Lasagne, baked spuds and salad!) Then we had a Ceilidh in the evening.

We had a traditional white wedding in church, followed by a 3 course sit down dinner and a disco
(38 guests)

total cost £2,000

We got married last month with a church wedding, three wedding cars, a sit-down three course meal for 50 and a disco and buffet for 120 and it cost just over £7.5K, which was much less than we estimated.

HTH

church £450 :shock:
dress £150 debenhams ftw
veil £10 ebay (new)
Suits al and best man £120 hire
bridesmaids dresses £8 each for flower girls (matalan) £30 each adults (newlook)
reception at local hotel that had wooden beems etc £150 for the room)
£1000 for food (fork buffet which was ammaazzingg)
dj £100
cake made it myself £30
Bridesmaids gifts necklaces and earings made myself with swarofski crystals about £10 for the lot
boquets made myself £100 and did button holes to.
rings £200 for the 2
shoes £15 next :D
alex's gift fob watch £50
think mine was about £100 diamond necklace and a crystal bracelet
wedding favors did myself £20
ballons did myself (my brother and bridesmaids helped) £60ish
car had FIL silver merc
and invites made myself £15
weddingprof010.jpg

weddingprof282.jpg

weddingprof282.jpg

weddingprof198.jpg

weddingprof049.jpg

weddingprof220.jpg

£6000 approx

We had ceremony in reg office, limo, hire a full size coach, reception in local hall with disco. No sit down meal just a hot buffet for 250 people.

Honeymoon was fortnight in Spain cost £750 all inclusive as last minute deal.

I could have probably done it cheaper but had no internet in 2004 and didn't know the benefit of ebay then. MIL knows a lot of people, got cheap catering, coach hire and hall hire.

We had a civil ceremony at a local hotel and had the wedding breakfast and night reception there. We did as much as we could ourselves like the invites, cakes, decorations, etc etc which saved a lot. We had about 50 for the wedding and wedding breakfast and about another 60 for evening reception I think it cost roughly just under £3000

Forgot photographer, went with Kodak and was nearly £1000 which was a rip off but do have some nice photos.

We priced a uk wedding up at 20k, and that wasn't including all the little extras that we missed off the list.

We have priced up a wedding in the Seychelles with a wedding planner at around £5000 ( but thats not including my dress or outfits, i need to break that to my dad later on this year i think.....lol)

I got married on 9/9/99 :D at Gretna green reception office.

cant remember the exact prices but around £2000 in total that was for....
rings, my flowers, wedding dress material (I designed it, Mum made it) Oh suit, 10 of the 16 guests staying the night before and night after at our reception venue, all meals in between for those and a large sit down meal for all 16 after our wedding.

My inlaws paid for most of it and OH best friend made individual wedding caked for everyone as a prezzi, we didnt send invitations or give favours.

We used ordinary cars, had beautiful food and good company (immediate family and best friend for each of us only) most of all just chilled out for the two days and got married in the middle!!

Our reception/place to stay for the 2 days was a country house hotel next to a beautiful river (cant find it online at al,l think it may have renamed :doh:) the food was divine and it was a lovely day. We asked all the guests to take photos and do copies/save the negatives for us (before digital) we have some beautiful piccies.
:shhh: I was 6m pregnant with DS

Veil £10 how you manage that!
I had to get mine specialy made to match my dress, Wont say how much lets just say it was a lot more then my dress!!

We thankfully didnt pay for our photographer! So that saved us £500!

Love the wedding pics lisa&alex, you look gorgeous!

Heres my ebay bargain::

at13.jpg

at195.jpg

at395.jpg

We got married in Cyprus... Total cost us £2500 that was for 2 week holiday for 2 of us staying and getting married in 4+ star hotel..champagne reception and buffet for 23 guests and later on a sit down meal for 23 guests.. outfits and flowers!

That cost didnt include the rings :oops:

P1060058.jpg

IM000071.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh