• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Checking for EWCM - Possibly TMI!!!

xXxBonnyxXx

Reaction score
So girls those of you that check for this can you give me some help please!

When is the best time to check?
I did used to check my cervix when i was in the bath but think this was causing a douche type effect - Obviously this isn't very healthy so I need to find another way to check!

Me and Hubby are planning to BD every possible day this month, BUT how can I check for EWCM if I'm trying to keep as much sperm inside me for as long as possible?

I know that I could mistake the leftover sperm for EWCM. I'm charting temps this month as well - on day 3 of that and so far my temps have been exactly the same every morning 97.6

Any help or advise is appreciated!

Sorry I can't help Bonny, but great thread, as I 'm also curious on this topic as got well confused this month, body telling me all the wrong things!!! Hope some of the other checkers can advise!!!

hi ladies,

I could usually tell when I was going to ovulate cos (pos TMI now!!!) when I wiped after having a pee, the paper would feel quite slimy, I never needed to check my cervix for EWCM, I would see it when I went to the loo....

Hope that helps xxx

Well see I can see something when I wipe - but not sure if its the EWCM or just the leftovers from the night before!

Very confused and want to be able to check for this so that I know exactly when I'm ovulating - hopefully the pains and the temperatures and the OPK's will be able to help me pin point rather than waiting for EWCM.

Thanks for the answers so far though!

Hi Bonnie....Myslef and a couple of the other girls wondered about this last month...so read up on it and basically EWCM around time of ov and fertile time is stretchy to a certain point....the fulid which carrys sperm isnt....all I did was still check and it stretched around the time that OPK pridicted I would Ov....hope this helps xxx

Thanks Hunni! Thats great! So now I know that it wont make a difference I'll start checking as soon as AF packs her bags and leaves me!

Yeah it will stretch an inch at least if it's the right stuff xxx

I always wipe before I wee then pick it up between my thumb and fore finger and if it's EWCM it streches! As for checking cervix I do it sat on the loo just wash your hands first! I do it the same time everyday which is after my morning wee! Sorry if TMI

:x ooohhhh girls , that all sounds horrible, you mean i have to pick it up..........!

I don't even do the washing up without washing up gloves on as I have a thing about dirty hands!!

I think I might just look at the paper after wiping and take your word for it... ha

Last edited:
Ha love it JJ.....I can just see you in your marigolds trying to stretch it.....lovely vision lol !! hee hee xxxx

oooh god what a picture that would be!!

I soooo need to be preggers soon, we are all going mad!

I just read this thread out to my OH - you should have seen his jaw drop!! sooo funny.

Last edited:
Ha love it.....I know at one point I told David we might try the egg white trick....his face said it all!!! lol xxx

Yep as said if it stretches between your fingers and looks like egg white it is ewcm.

call me thick, what's the EW stand for in EWCM? Thanks

Oh I really was being thick! Thanks lots Rbryan!!

It's quite difficult to mistake sperm for EWCM as the CM should be stretchy and shiny.

I find the best time to check CM is after I've had a BM (soz tmi)

Last edited:
Thanks for the help! I just wanted to make sure I would be able to see the difference!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back