29 days PO and high BBT, but test negative

s_keul

Reaction score
Hallo Everyone,

I'm just confused. I have irregular periods, but it comes every month. it varies from 26 - 38 days cycle. Since I started charting BBT almost 2 years ago, once I had period on 44th day . And this time I'm on day 50 and no period yet, I used an ovulation predictor this month and my ovulation was on 21st day of my cycle. So we had sex on 19th, 20th and 21st. I'm having an elevated BBT for the last 29 days. My Pre-Ovulation temp is usually between 35.8 - 36.0 and post ovulation temp between 36.1 - 36.3. I took a home pregnancy test on 46th day and it came out negative. The BBT has now reached 36.6 in the last 2 days(48th & 49th). But I'm having no pregnancy symptoms at all. I had a swollen right angle on 45th - 48th day and I'm having light period like cramps now & then for the last 1 1/2 weeks. I don't know what to make out of all these and don't wanna make my expectations high. Can something else cause an elevated BBT for this long or should I wait for another week and do the test again?.
Did anybody had similar experiences? Can someone please give me a reply on this. ...Thanks a lot!!

Last edited:
Hi sweet. I only did my temps for the first time this month. My temp went up .4 on ovulation day then had a dip two/three days later then went up .8 and has stayed high since. I got bfp 12dpo.

Not sure if any of that helps you but thought I'd let you know that my temp is still high? X

Thanks Babybo...I'm happy for you that your's turned out BFP on 12 dpo ..... I'm on 30 dpo and elevated temp and still don't know... maybe I'll take it easy and wait for another week before taking the test

elevated temps are a good sign for pregnancy but if you were preg you would have a + result by now. how about you go to the doctor for a blood hcg to confirm? have you been to the doctor about your irregular cycles to check for issues such as pcos??

I also thought elevated temp is a good sign of pregnancy until I got a -ve on home preg test on 25th day of my high BBT. Yes..I've been to the gynocologist to check for problems, but she said everything seems to be okay..Irregular periods is maybe due to one of the ovaries is not producing egg sometimes... Maybe I should make an appointment with my doc for a blood test this week to clear all the doubts...:):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back