Changing bags...

first timer

Reaction score
This may seem like a bit of a trivial question in the grand scheme of things... but I was wondering if anyone had any advice on whether it's worth paying out for a changing bag? I've seen a few but all are pretty pricey (the one that matches my pram is £50). I dont know if a specific changing bag is necessary, or if just using a normal handbag is just as good? I know changing bags come with bottle holders and lots of sections inside etc - would anyone be able to give me some ideas on whether or not they are worth it??

Thanks!

Hello and welcome :wave:

I looked all over for a reasonable but funky one. In the end I went to a local skate shop and got a cool "Animal" bag with loads of pockets for £20. I love it its got room for everything plus I will be able to use it in future when I don't need a changing bag anymore.

I got a £45 changing bag for £12.99 from tk maxx well worth a look!

I have never bothered, I just have a selection of massive handbags! I like to change my bag too often to justify the cost of a changing bag. We also have a man bag from Next that my DH uses if needed.

I did buy one of these OiOi travel change mat, which is really useful (although quite pricey). I like that you can put all the nappy changing stuff in it and just take that into the loos to change them. Also I put mine in the basket of the pushchair which frees up space in my bag.

http://www.bloomingmarvellous.co.uk/pro ... uage=en-GB

THB I never found much use for a fancy one. The one we are using at present was on sale from £30 down to £15. Its like a giant satchel and as its brown my OH doesn't mind carrying it either.

I can't be doing with frilly or floral or anything fancy. I also have a cheap £5 canvas bag that I use when I don't want to carry anything big or bulky.

I think if you bottle feed it might be worth having one with bottle holders and cool packing etc but otherwise I'd not worry.

I just use normal large hand bags and sometimes rucksacks.

I never had one! I lot a rucksack type bag with Joseph and Dillon and a nice record bag with Lucy!
But then you can get some really cheap on ebay so you could check it out anyways! But I personally wouldnt pay more money for one!

lauranjamesnbaby said:
Join boots parenting club because then you get one for the price of a pack of pampers nappies!
You get a coupon through the post and then all you have to do is buy a pack of pampers new born nappies and you get the changing bag free

http://www.bootsparentingclub.com/benefits.php

I've got this one too. It's really nice and has plenty of room for nappies, changes of clothes etc.

I think some of the change bags out there are a ridiculous amount of money for just a bag!

I got mine off ebay, it was meant to be around £50 but I got it for about £15. It has a decent change mat inside but I would never have paid full price for it!

That boots one looks good too. I only didn't go for it because I am not planning on using Pampers.

Thank you all for your words of wisdom! Some great ideas on here - i think i'll have a look at the options and see what I can find. Defo decided not to pay out full price for one though. Thank you all!!

I just bought a pink polka dot one out of Tesco in the travel department. Cost me £8 and it's great! Of course I had to try it out lol and everything fits and it has lots of little pockts inside for different things. I think it's usual purpose is just a large bag for hand luggage when flying, but it's great and it makes my pram look a bit prettier & appealing! xx

I got the one from Boots parenting club too... I really like the huge changing mat inside and also it seems really roomy. Ours came with some free baby head to toe wash n all :D

My mum hsd the Boots one and it seems really nice 0 loads of room for everything and a nice changing mat without being too bulky.

The pram we have came with a free changing bag which has a travel changing mat etc in it and lots of pockets so we'll just use that. It does seem quite builky though but I have some canvas bags if we were to go out without the pram (I think it would be too bulky and heavy to carry everywhere - it is clearly designed to sit on the pram!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back