any tips on stopping your but expanding in last tri !

Ginnymarie

Reaction score
Hi guys

Well, I am on early maternity bar a few days I am going to go back in and sort some files and my god, my weight gain.

I have put on 21/2 stone and even though I am being careful it is just piling on.

I was just wondering how many of you gained in the last tri, I was a teeny 8 stone, now I am 10 1/2 and it seems to be clinging but I can't stop eating and too tired to exercise....shall I embrace the expanding bum? Thing is, I can't be bothered to buy bigger maternity clothes :)

the books say 4-5 11b in last tri but I am thinking another 2stone the rate I am going !

I could just eat less choc :?

At first glance I thought that you had put on 21 or 22 stone :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I don't own scales so I have no idea how much I have put on. I don't care either. Once baby is here we will start to see how much of it is my body storing up fat for feeding LO and of course my baby expanding for growing and evicting baby.
If you're worried just make sure you are eating sensibly. I know in the evening I can just as happily have a big snack of crisps and chocolate or 3 carrots with houmous. So I try to go for the latter. OK, I eat lots of chocolate too :D I'm going to have a newborn - I won't have time for things like eating and sleeping so I need to fill my body now (that's bad advice, don't listen to it :) )

Hello

I think because I was a skinny minny people comment and it can be hurtful, alot of it is baby but yes alot of it is fat being stored for the baby and breastfeeding and just plain bordem eating and greed.

I might try and curb and do what you said, homous and carrot and get in healthy snacks

At this present moment, however, I am eating a GU choc pudding :oops:

I don't think I have put on any weight yet as I lost a lot in 1st and 2nd tri

My butt is looking great :lol: I have a big butt anyway (or so I think) but now my bump is bigger so it looks small.

Try eating healthy and avoid the junk

I am in this dilemma too - I have put on nearly 2 stone and my legs and butt are huuge. My problem is that I have to keep eating otherwise starving and MW advised to keep eating as need so many calories for me and baby. However too much fruit and healthy stuff leads to sitting on toilet for increased periods during the day and night!! (TMI!) :shock: My policy is to think about it after LO is born!!!

I didn't put on any weight until fairly recently and it really seems to be piling on at the moment. I have passed the 1 stone mark and although I know a lot of it is the baby etc, a baby does not put on 3.5lbs in a week that has to be me!!!! It's a bit worrying- I could have gained another 21lbs by the time I'm due!!! :shock: I am watching what I eat now as I've been a bit too complacent I think, expecting the excess flab to kindly refrain from sitting on my ass! I agree with your thoughts though about need ing to gain weight because you were so skinny and wee- i am an average Joe so really 2 stone should be the max but it could easily be 3 stone for you but according to advice that's what you and baby need- not that ACTUALLY gaining the weight is any easier... :|

Mmm, aren't gu puddings gorgeous?!!!
What you need to learn is what OH calls my 'teacher look'. It can fry people alive :twisted: Raise your eyebrows, lower your head slightly and keep your face firm. Maybe clench your front teeth slightly. Stare until the person who has just been so rude as to make a comment about your size looks uncomfortable. Then say "I'm having a baby. How would you go about nourishing it?" Snap the words 'baby' and 'you'. Continue to stare. Then say "Perhaps you should be less rude in future" in a more 'helpful' tone and break eye contact, preferably walking away from them.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

hun, I've nearly hit the 3 stone mark now. I know its not because Im eating rubbish though, I've been doing WW's and writing my points down - NOT TO LOSE WEIGHT THOUGH GUYS before anyone shoots me :lol: I took my normal points allowance and added on 3 extra to compensate for baby. BUT Im still getting bigger all the time!!!!! My mat clothes dont fit anymore. Im weighing 11st 3 now :? I was 8st 5 I think :think: maybe a bit less...?

It is depressing to say the least but only a few more weeks of fattydom and then we get our bodies back :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: hopefully I'll be able to sort my legs out for the summer. The weight has gone on my hips, bum, boobs, thighs and belly. My arms are still small and my ankles and calves are but everywhere else is 'heffer-like' proportions. I have a hint of a double chin too :( I loook soooooooo pregnant though so thats how Im coping. Everyone can see its not just cake.

I was going to mention to the midwife this morning as Im sure I shouldnt still be piling it on at this alarming rate....I'll ask her and see what she says.

xxxx

I've gained 1 1/2 stone so far and it's coming on thick and fast :shock: I've got a double chin too.

All I'd suggest was trying to eat healthy but I'm eating cr4p all the time now as healthy just doesn't appeal to me

I've gained almost 3 stones now :shock: I'm suprised it's not more tbh, during the last two months of pregnancy I have felt hungry all the time and have been eating for England :lol: I've put the weight on everywhere really, but my thighs are HUGE!

My advice is not to worry about it! When you are hungry... eat :D Try to pick healthier options (easier said than done I know!) It's only for a few months then you can work at getting your old body back. At the end of the day, as long as we have healthy babies that's all that matters :D

Full of hope! said:
It's only for a few months then you can work at getting your old body back. At the end of the day, as long as we have healthy babies that's all that matters :D

The voice of reason has spoken :D so true hun :clap:

Tillytots said:
Full of hope! said:
It's only for a few months then you can work at getting your old body back. At the end of the day, as long as we have healthy babies that's all that matters :D

The voice of reason has spoken :D so true hun :clap:

Thanks Tilly :wink: :lol:

ive pilled it on aswell hun i was 8st 8 im now well 2 weeks ago 11st 10 and tbh im just past caring now i think i carry it well even though im only 5ft and a smidge tall.
people can comment all they like as i havent just eat rubbish i eat fruit and veg all the time low-fat options my baby must of needed me to put on the weight or i wouldnt of :)
dont worry to much about it hun you will soon loose it all again
manda xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back