Cervical polyp?

Beauandhamish

Reaction score
Just felt my cervix, I know I shouldn't have done! But I can feel something like growing out of where the opening is, feels like a large skin tag, could this be a cervical polyp? And could It be causing my bleeding? Which has stopped now again. If I mention it at epu when I go for my scan on Monday do you think they will check my cervix or am I best off getting a doctors appointment next week? X

When I was bleeding they checked my cervix for polyp. I went to a&e they did bloods then did an internal checkup etc. then a scan the next day. So I would book an appt with doctor. For this week coming.
Go to EPU Monday and tell them about it. If they check then that's brill u can cancel doctors appt and if they can't check you can still go doctors. That's what I'd do anyways :)

Xx

Last edited:
I had a cervical polyp before my last pregnancy and had no idea it could bleed (stupid doc never told me), until I was 21/22 weeks pregnant and I had what seemed like a massive load of bright red blood. Completely freaked out that something was wrong with the baby, but examination revealed it was the wretched polyp!!!! So, yes, polyps can bleed. And yes, they are rather like skin tags.

I agree with Holly about booking an appointment with GP but also telling EPU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back