To anyone who has had bleeding - this may help!!

Bella83

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I have been on the forum for a while now. Started off in LTTC. Was too nervous to really post in tri1 but I thought id post my experience in case it helps anyone who has had bleeding at any stage.
After 6 years of ttc I got my shock bfp at the start of dec.
I started bleeding at 5+3 and had my first scan at 5+4. By the time I got to 12 wks I had had more trips to the hosp (both a&e and epu) and the gp
Than I can remember. It was always the same story in a&e - they didn't really care and would book me a scan for a few days time. I repeatedly asked for an internal exam to make sure my cervix was closed but this was refused as I wasn't an urgent enough case. Well I had a scan at 12 wks and was told all was fine and hopefully the bleeding would now start to ease. It did not. At 12+3 I had a bright red bleed and went to a&e again. Again nothing was done. I was furious so rang the midwife. She arranged a consultant appointment for me the next day. He did an internal and could see straight away there was a problem with my cervix. I was referred to see another dr who was fantastic. Straight away he could see I had a large cervical polyp. As soon as he touched it I bled everywhere. He removed it there and then, saying he was 99% sure that is what was causing the bleeding. He explained that during pregnancy the cervix becomes more vascular and bleeds easily. The polyp was so full of blood that could explain the bleeding. He also said that it could have grown since I got pregnant due to the major hormone changes.
Since I had this done last Monday...I bled for a few days which was to be expected...I don't want to jinx myself but things appear to be 'settling down'
When looking online and on this forum I never found any mention of polyps!!!
So girls...if you have bleeding and it's on and off please ask your dr to check your cervix and ask about polyps! If someone had checked me many weeks ago it would have saved weeks of heartache!!
Im now 15+4 and have only just started telling people due to all the problems.
I hope this helps someone!!!

:hug: such a hard time you had but glad everything looks better now :love:

Thank you for sharing that. It always helps to have as much information as possible so you can explore all the reasons. Hope you are well now. Take care xxx

So happy to hear your doctor listened and you can now enjoy your pregnancy. Thanks for sharing and CONGRATULATIONS!!!! xxx

So glad to hear that you are on the mend and everything is ok, congratulations on your pregnancy and hope that it's plain sailing from here on! xx

Thanks girls. Iv been classed as high risk and am meeting my consultant obstetrician tomorrow. At least they are looking after me now! Xxx

Thank u for sharing and also congratulations :) hope you have a wonderful pregnancy xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the advice and congratulations! Take care of yourself :hug: x

Thanks for sharing this hun I think it will really help people! So glad all seems to be okay now, and a massive congratulations! :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back