certificate

Gruntie2

Reaction score
How long does it usually take for your maternity exemption certificate to come through after posting it???? just wondered as i have got a prescription to get and thought i may have it back by now (been nearly 2 weeks since i sent it back)

My midwife sent mine off for me but it didn't take long, probably a couple of weeks. Give it as long as you can wait and try and call them if you know where you sent it to?

The back of mine says, if found please return to PO Box 854, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE99 2DE but I don't know if it's a local thing, and there's no phone number on there either and I've lost the letter it came with.. sorry I can't be more help.

Thanx.. i got a few more days til i need to get my prescription so i'll hold off.... xx

If it hasnt arrived and you end up paying for it then you can get a receipt and claim the amount back chick :)

With the exception of Boots who insist on seeing it most places take your word for being pregnant just sign the appropriate box on the back of the prescription - I've picked up 3 while pregnant, once the bump appeared no one questioned anything at all and 2 of them were for DH :roll:

my local supermarket chemist didn't mind me not having one (but i think this was becuz it was a prescription for folic acid) but the lloyds chemist insisted i have it with me...

Do you have a maternity certificate yet that you had to give in to your work? Perhaps take that along, it certainly proves you're pregnant. Or you could ask your doctor to write a note saying you are pregnant, but then you may have to pay for that.

I got mine within 2 weeks. I held off before getting a prescription as I couldn't be bothered with the hastle of getting my money back. It turned out that no one asked to see it and still haven't. Even my dentist didn't need to see it, and I didn't have a bump at the time. xxx

Do I need one? We are on tax credits, so I get an exemption certificate anyway so I'm taking it I don't need one?

I got mine back really quickly...less than a week of posting it!

I had to have treatment at the dentist... and had the treatment the day of sending the form off..and he accepted that without seeing anything! The dentist just signed the relevant boxes so I didnt have to pay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back