pregnacare

Riley's Mommy

Reaction score
now im 13weeks, i was thinking about starting to take pregnacare.

i said to my mom about them being fairly expensive. she said i should try get them on prescription.

can you get them on prescription?

ive not that long ago sent off my exemption form. when will it take affect? and how will i know?

I am not sure, I haven't taken anything since week 13.

I told my pharmacist I'd sent of for my exemption certificate and she said oh ok then....it's worth a try. Mine came through about 2 days later anyway.

hello,
I take pregnacare now as im going to breastfeed!
i tried getting it on prescription and they wouldnt let me!!
its worth a try with your GP tho!!
good luck!! x

ok thanks :)

ive got an appt with m/w in about 2weeks. would she be able to get a perscription for me? or do i need to see a doctor?

Not sure about this, I really don't think that you'd get them on prescription as they're not necessary. You can get plain old Folic Acid on prescription.

I've taken pregnancare all the way through and for about 6 months earlier throughout my second miscarriage.

I know that at about £5.50 they can be expensive but for me they are a godsend as my diet is crap and I'm addicted to Mashed potato and flakes (not together though :lol:) but they do last for a month which I think is pretty good.

But if you get a healthy balanced diet you will be fine without them.

Charm X

You can't get them on px my GP tried to px me multi vits. I asked them if they had vitamin E in as pregnancy ones don't he said prolly so i just bought my own...I have been taking pronatal they have been on offer at boots 3 for 2 at boots for ages.

How do you get your exemption certificate? i dont have mine yet and get my clexane and iron tablets on prescription, i usually just hope that the chemist believe me.

flame you should have a from that your midwife signs...Then you send off and get a nice card in the post.

I've not had one :? am i to early to have one?

I have only really had one proper appointment with my midwife and one unofficial one and not going to see her again until February time possibly so not sure how i am going to get her to fill the forms in.

I asked my drs surgery to arrange for the mw to sign my form for me and got mine at about 9 weeks.

No you're not too early. I got mine at about 12 weeks when I had my first appointment, the mw filled in a form and I signed it and she popped it in the post and I got my card within 2 weeks.

I'd ask the receptionist or call your mw and ask her for the form.

Don't foget you should get your MATB1 at your February appointment.

Cx

FYI ive had a normal exemption cert for 2 years (due to thyroid tabs) and it is the same card they send you for your mat exemption cert, but anyway, I go to different chemists all the time, and I just tick the ''exemption'' box and they never once have asked to see my card so even if you havn't got it yet try and get away with it, if they ask to see your card, go in your purse to get it and pretend you have left it at home, pay for your perscription but ask for a recipt, you can then claim it back once the card does come!

oh and P.S Im pretty sure they wont offer them on perscription as they come under the heading of vitamins which are not offered on perscription in usual circumstances (I found an alternitave of Asdas own Pregnancy vits at half the price and the same products in each tab!)

if you have not got your exemption certificate through make sure you ask for a reciept form the chemist... they have to hand write it so they will tut at you etc.. is an A4 peice of paper... but when you get your exemption certificate through you can claim the money back.

MY GP sent off for mine for me in the initial paperwork I filled in at my first appointment with her. It is back dated to a month after my last period.

if you have a balanced diet the only vitamin you should need is folic acid - this is also found in food - cereals, green leafy veg etc... but not at the levels needed in pregnancy.

Sainsburys had an offer on Pregnacare last week. I bought mine at £2 off the regular price. :)

Sabrina
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back