CD 3 blood tests?

Outofsync

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Wondering if anyone could help me?

We have been trying to conceive for over 2 years so doctor sent me for blood tests. She said get the first lot done between days 1-5 of period and second lot 7 days after ovulation.

When i went yesterday on CD3 for first lot the nurse said to me that the doctor had reccomended CD5 and CD21 bloods. I explained to her that i was told anywhere between days 1-5 and that CD21 is not going to work for me as i dont have regular periods so been told to have it 7 days after ovulation. She said this didnt sound right and was really funny with me!!!

I think i have interpreted my doctor right and the nurse was just going by a "normal" period what do you ladies think? Do you think i am having the tests at right time? I had them done last month and the nurse didnt comment then but there was a problem at the lab so had to have them done again this month.

Im panicing now against the reaults come back really screwed up xx

H, you're interpretation is absolutely right, ignore the nurse! xx

Thanks i thought so - i wrote everything down last time i was in with my doctor xx

You're definitely right - there's no point in doing it in cd21 unless you have a 28 day cycle. 7 days after ov for sure

Agree with the above. I had the very same problem, my GP asked for cd 21 blood work and i dont have regular cycle( anything other than 28 cycle seems to be "irregular"??) and the nurses were really dismissive, but I persevered. ended up getting them " around" the time, i dont believe it was exact looking back. also had cd3 bloods but because the stupid clinic have a 2 week waiting list for blood samples I had to abuse the emergency appointment system to get them taken, what a carry on it was.
Don't let them dismiss you just because yu don't have the textbook answer to their questions, it's their job to keep you right and not the other way around, but I sympathise with you because it rarely feels that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back