Cd 1-5 bloods

Amber8

Reaction score
Hello,

I went to see my gp as it seems to be taking a long time to fall pg. She said I needed to have some blood tests done this cycle, 1 between cd1-5 & the 2nd on cd21 (or 7 days after ovulation). I had the 1st one done on Monday & the receptionist phoned today to say my results were boarder line.

The lady couldn't tell me anymore cos she was just reading a note. So I've got to have another done nxt cycle. Does anymore know what these bloods are testing for? I know the 21 day bloods are to check ovulation.

They said it cud just be a one off but because they're boader line to have them done again. This has got me very worried that something is wrong.

Xx

hello love,
what day of your cycle was it on monday? the day 1 blood tests are usually carried out n day 1-3 day 2 being optimum really, this test will give the Dr an idea of your egg reserve, the day 21 blood test is to see how much progesterone is in your blood, which gives an indication as to whether you have actually ovulated that month xxx

It was cd 4, I started my period Friday night & asda blood testing was closed at the wkend do went in my lunch break Monday. She did tell me I had up to cd 5 though, btbh I couldn't get them done any earlier because of wen my period started.

I should of asked her shouldn't I wat the 1st test was for. So thank you for answering that question for me, I hope they were boader line because of wen I had them done then, I'm scared!!

Xx

Well I think it was because you had them done then, as the levels change the further into our cycle we get don't worry too much xxx but to be on the safe side your doctor might ask you to get them re-done xxx

I really hope that's all it was! Yeah she has asked me to do them again nxt cycle.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back